Request/Suggestion for new mod(s)

piddy3825

Oh, you don't know how long I've been waiting to ask for some of these things...
I love modding my game, not to make play easier, but because I'm more into base building and decorating my lair if anything.  
So here's a few ideas that I would love to see come to fruition.

moveable/stackable crates, boxes and planks.  
since we can break these items down, it would be nice to be able to move them about as well.  
i'll leave it up to your imagination what you could do if you were able to move a crate and lean a couple of planks on it.

taxidermy or trophy head mounts
take the hunting lodge for example in BR.  ever been to hunting lodge that didnt have any antlers festooned all over the walls?  
big ole moose rack hanging over the fireplace at the mountanieer's hut comes to mind, even better is antler rack to mount my rifles on

wall sconces for mounting torches
what better way to provide hands free illumination of your cave base than to be able to attach a burning torch on a wall.

craftable gun racks  
you've heard the old saying where I hang my hat is home. for me it's where i hang my rifle

These are just a few of things I'd like to see our talented modding community develop.  
Either way, this is an exciting time and pivotable moment for this outstanding game to become even better!

• Upvote 5
  • Like 2

I love those suggestions! the ability to move objects could be a little broken as some loot is hidden behind some boxes but I think it could work.

Right clicking could make them move much like you can other objects and would limit your character's ability to sprint with them at least. It also affects your carry weight already too so moving boxes should immediately encumber you to max. 

Another thing is the ability to move or pick up those small plastic/metal containers. 

A craftable bearproof locker for outdoor meat storage (only holds meat) would be nice too, or maybe a single one hidden away in a difficult to reach location!

24 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

I love those suggestions! the ability to move objects could be a little broken as some loot is hidden behind some boxes but I think it could work.

Right clicking could make them move much like you can other objects and would limit your character's ability to sprint with them at least. It also affects your carry weight already too so moving boxes should immediately encumber you to max. 

Another thing is the ability to move or pick up those small plastic/metal containers. 

A craftable bearproof locker for outdoor meat storage (only holds meat) would be nice too, or maybe a single one hidden away in a difficult to reach location!

ah, well, there is already a very capable mod available for moving the small plastic and metal containers.  It's called "moveable containers" and yes you can pick them up as long as they are empty and carry them with an added weight restriction.  Also allows you to pickup and move some backpacks you find in the game but not all. 
As to a bearproof meat locker,  uhh, since you can already craft that with the rock storage cairn that is in the game why not just build that and only put meat in it. 
...just my two cents, player.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

As to a bearproof meat locker,  uhh, since you can already craft that with the rock storage cairn that is in the game why not just build that and only put meat in it. 

Oops, forgot to mention that I'd like a mod that makes meat stored outside by the player susceptible to being scavenged if it's not in something sturdy like a car trunk or bearproof storage container. 

Thanks for letting me know such mods exist tho, I havent really looked at what's available right now as Ive been waiting until they've been supported by the devs. 

1 hour ago, MarrowStone said:

Oops, forgot to mention that I'd like a mod that makes meat stored outside by the player susceptible to being scavenged if it's not in something sturdy like a car trunk or bearproof storage container. 

yup yup yup, now it makes sense!  otherwise I was thinking, why fix what ain't broke...

• Upvote 1

My biggest request would have to be the return of Fluffy. The Dam just isn't the same without the sense of terror when you first enter.

To my knowledge, Fluffy was originally removed as the new interior of the Dam was too hard for the wolf AI to navigate. If someone were to make this mod, they would probably have to declutter the turbine room where Fluffy used to spawn, and possibly remove some of the electrified wires if they damage animals as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

There are already two mods that do that to some degree

really?  what are they called?  
I regulary check xpazeman for mods but haven't come across any that do that.  I usually avoid mods that aren't updated to the latest game build in order
to avoid stability issues.  Perhaps this why I have overlooked them?  
let me know when you get a chance.  I'd love to be able to stack a couple of crates and place some planks on them creating a ramp, 
Bleak Inslet instantly comes to mind

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghurcb said:

Using lit noisemakers to start a fire. I mean, you can use lit flares and torches so that would make perfect sence.

What could possibly go wrong?

in that case, I wanna be able to fire a flare gun into my campfire and start it that way as well!

reminds me of a time when my sons and I went car camping late in the fall.  As was typical for the PNW, it was raining buckets and we were desperately trying
to get our fire started but the wind and the rain had other ideas.  So I went back to car and pulled a road flare from the emergency kit in the trunk.
we set off the flare and stuffed it into the damp pile of kindling and piled on the wood. 
Wasn't long before we had some decent flames going, but the hellish red flickering glow eminating from our firepit looked like we were trying to open a portal to another dimension.  My youngest son now refers to road flares as Hellstick Fire Starters...

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

really?  what are they called?  

Better Bases supposedly allows you to move stuff within a building. It's an older mod that has been updated recently. But it's still in the beta stage and not fully done. So I wouldn't necessarily recommend that yet (though the concept is absolutely fantastic. Repairing furniture... Yay!)

For the moment the better choice is Movable Containers. That one even allows you to move certain types of containers even between buildings (through a detour in your inventory).

Edited by Serenity

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

Better Bases supposedly allows you to move stuff within a building. It's an older mod that has been updated recently. But it's still in the beta stage and not fully done. So I wouldn't necessarily recommend that yet (though the concept is absolutely fantastic. Repairing furniture... Yay!)

For the moment the better choice is Movable Containers. That one even allows you to move certain types of containers even between buildings (through a detour in your inventory).

yeah, there is no "better bases" on xpazeman, unless you are thinking of a different site.  does the afore mentioned mod go by a different name perhaps?  
I already use "moveable containers"  which I got from xpazeman and it works very well which is why I previously mentioned it to Marrowstone in my reply to his post.

• Upvote 1

A couple suggestions for QoL mods:

A can opening tool selection screen, like when you break open ice fishing holes. Default to the can opener when it is in your inventory, and default to smashing if you have no tools. Otherwise, show a selection screen with the available tools, as well as the option to smash open the can.

Moving lit torches and flares to the start of the firestarting menu, and moving mag lenses to the front on clear days (while still behind torches)

Is a long time since I not play the game. Mostly cause I'm in the mod side with other games but I remember some things would be cool to see. Some has been explained up here. The others I not want to mention until I see what is out there for the game. I have no idea there are mods now for the game. After all that time (I play till Episode 3) I think I should replay entirely the story mode and put few hours into survival mode till the devs polish the mod system. Thanks Hinterland!

ML.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Catlover said:

Is that image from a mod? If so, what mod is it? It looks so pretty

I do belive that was a "fan art" painting.  I think if you look thru the older fan art threads you will find it.  there were a number of other "spring time" scenes that were done by the same person.  

• Upvote 3

VR Mod

Don't do VR controllers - long Beta-testing, much work and a Danger for bad Feedback

• BUT throwing in a VR rig in unity to have a correct 3d Experience via gamepad or mouse requires little effort and if It's marked as Beta you could circumvent the "bad Feedback" problem that would be so great

• Yes Vorpx already has a VR mod but in the newest update the ground renders transparent/invisible, and a native VR rig in untity is the better experience.

• And the Game looks super awesome with 3d due to its handpainted Texture Style and performance scaleabitllity

thanks for reading and i would be honored to Betatest(Reverb G2/Nvidia 2070s)

of course you get the "Labor of Love" Steam Award from me - every Year

Thanks Hinterland

Realistic Recovery Mod

Have condition loss from physical damage (falling damage, wildlife attacks) turn a portion of your condition bar red (similar to burns). This physical damage would only heal by 2% per day by default, but that would be user-configurable. So if you get mauled by a bear and are down to 30% condition, your max condition is now 30%. Tomorrow it'll be 32%, the next day 34%, and so on until you are fully healed. In short, it now takes you a full month to recover from that mauling.

Edit: And as another user-configurable option, the percentage of damage that shows up as red. For instance if this value is set to 50% amd you take 70 points of damage from a mauling, 35 are recorded in red, and 35 are regular "sleep it off" damage. To invoke White Wolf RPG rules, this would separate "bashing" from "lethal" damage. The Lethal (red) part would be the serious injury, cuts, internal bleeding, hairline fractures etc. that just don't go away overnight. The regular black damage is just where you were a little roughed up.

Condition loss due to freezing, exhaustion, etc. would continue to operate as normal where after a good night's rest you feel better in the morning. Or at least, as well as your current injuries allow.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 6

On 12/12/2021 at 4:09 AM, ajb1978 said:

Realistic Recovery Mod

Have condition loss from physical damage (falling damage, wildlife attacks) turn a portion of your condition bar red (similar to burns). This physical damage would only heal by 2% per day by default, but that would be user-configurable. So if you get mauled by a bear and are down to 30% condition, your max condition is now 30%. Tomorrow it'll be 32%, the next day 34%, and so on until you are fully healed. In short, it now takes you a full month to recover from that mauling.

Edit: And as another user-configurable option, the percentage of damage that shows up as red. For instance if this value is set to 50% amd you take 70 points of damage from a mauling, 35 are recorded in red, and 35 are regular "sleep it off" damage. To invoke White Wolf RPG rules, this would separate "bashing" from "lethal" damage. The Lethal (red) part would be the serious injury, cuts, internal bleeding, hairline fractures etc. that just don't go away overnight. The regular black damage is just where you were a little roughed up.

Condition loss due to freezing, exhaustion, etc. would continue to operate as normal where after a good night's rest you feel better in the morning. Or at least, as well as your current injuries allow.

I second this idea. It doesn't make sense how you can slap on a bandage and sleep after a mauling, waking up at near full health, on stalker anyway. 

Plus more realistic recovery would make hunting bears and moose higher risk.

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Catlover said:

I second this idea. It doesn't make sense how you can slap on a bandage and sleep after a mauling, waking up at near full health, on stalker anyway. 

Sleep off a bear mauling, then die of cabin fever in Cinder Hills while waiting for the elevator to work... Seems legit lol

• Upvote 1

I already play with a modification that makes the wildlife re spawns significantly longer by increase the base and exponential part of the equation. I'll mostly be focused on building a custom region and adding what I need for that. I'm torn between going with the grounded more fitting idea I have or an underground region that reminds me alot of Aberration from ARK: Survival evolved. If Hinterland allows paid modes I could justify doing both.