My current series list (including Blackrock starting today) and some other recommendations

dbmurph22

Hi everyone, hope you all are staying warm and fed and survivin.

Wanted to share info on the current Long Dark material I've got on offer and some others that I like watching:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Long Dark playlists I current have:

Blackrock Interloper 50 - This is my venture in the new region.  It's Interloper, starting in Blackrock with the stipulation of 50 day survival before moving to a new region.

Sailor's Challenge - Recently started this.  It's interloper with low recovery, low plants, and increased predator settings.  In addition the only animals in the game are wolves and fish, while I'm limited to playing only the seafaring regions of Desolation Point, Coastal Highway and Bleak Inlet (and associated transition zones).

Dead Dwarf - I'm about 25 episodes into this and it was my main one for a lot of the second half of this year.  It's deadman settings (no recovery), with stalker loot - and "sort of outerloper."  I can only go in basements and caves, but no buildings for shelter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Other players I enjoy:

Loonsloon, and his recent runs of Mod Soup and Classic Deadman.  The mod soup run has been a Friday night livestream tradition, while Classic Deadman was the last long recorded TLD series.  I believe the Classic Deadwoman character may be soon entering Blackrock.

Turkeysteam, and his recent runs of Deadworld and long run interloper.  The former is the Deadworld challenge of no animals and sleepwalker (almost nil) recovery while the latter is classic interloper.  Turkey also does a stream on Sunday for more TLD content.

Strategies with Sasquatch, and his recent Interloper run.  He's absolutely in the fun zone of Interloper, has a nice run going and great to engage with.

DaveMcd has some great content will out there, is a great watch, and poses a unique danger to all the corpses out there (don't ask).  His last series was an Interloper Ash Canyon Only run.

Michael York has been involved with TLD for a long time, a great follow, and just a great survivor to be around.  This reliving of the past was his latest TLD material.

The Fromzzz is awesome and someone you should definitely check out.  This is the latest: Favorite hunting moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I definitely watch others as well, and if I missed someone above to recommend, then I apologize!  Thanks everyone for reading and checking them out.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for everyone watching thus far!   The new Blackrock run has been a lot of fun so far.  Just finished the third episode and plan on having the fourth on Tuesday.

I know nothing about Blackrock except that it has a prison and some Timberwolves, so these are my first experiences there (I shared this context in the first episode, but not really here so wanted to clarify).  I've carefully avoided almost all spoilers as well.  I was really hoping to get that early Long Dark vibe when things are perilous and you don't know the maps so Interloper spawn in Blackrock without knowing the map seemed to be the right angle.  In addition, before these recent videos my Long Dark play has been sparse for a few months, so I'm a bit out of it - which makes it even more dangerous!  I will end up playing the story mode after my survival runs and I look forward to it.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the new region and all the best to all you survivors.

Murph

• 3 weeks later...