I volunteer to test mods!

piddy3825

5 minutes ago, KaiGamez said:

Hey there!

Feel free to drop by the TLDev discord, we are going to need some testers for our regions soon!

https://discord.com/invite/EVspXHdQP9

- Kai.

tired going there but encountered a problem.  the invite link would not work for me.  I've attached a screen shot to show you the error?

1887921088_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.0bf888be87f58b35fbda7b477a0267b4.png

this happens over and over.  any suggestions on how to resolve this?  Is this maybe my virus protection isolating me from accessing the page?

5 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

tired going there but encountered a problem.  the invite link would not work for me.  I've attached a screen shot to show you the error?

1887921088_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.0bf888be87f58b35fbda7b477a0267b4.png

this happens over and over.  any suggestions on how to resolve this?  Is this maybe my virus protection isolating me from accessing the page?

Sorry about that! 

I have provided a new link, let me know if this fixes the problem.
https://discord.gg/2nPJdWKJ

If this doesn't fix the issue make sure you have a discord account. 

Thanks!
Kai.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, stmSantana said:

Can you test if this mod works properly?

https://github.com/stmSantana/DIY_by_Santana

ok, I found this mod to be very exciting for the majority of the items that could be crafted.

However, I do have a few observations that I'd like to make regarding as suggestions for improvement.

Obviously you need nails to build some items and while some can be found in lockers, I'd like to suggest that maybe nails could be salvaged when breaking down
pallets and crates?  Now I did avail myself on the option to forge nails but it seems a little out of balance that a single nail would take one full piece of scrap metal as well as two hours of forging time.  An arrowhead is bigger by comparison and you can make two from one piece of metal in a quarter of the time.  that might be something you may wanna tinker with and fix the time?

The times needed to craft although doable seemed a bit out of balance, but not a deal breaker in my opinion.  The biggest single down side is the crafted objects don't snap or mesh so you can't place anything on them without serious effort.  I do use the "place anywhere" mod and without it, I would not have been able to place any objects on the shelves or the table tops.  That aspect for me is my single biggest complaint. 

screen_41b7e121-b841-4897-8c51-9afb1cd752df_hi.thumb.png.f1551cafaaebca87520f67691c8ab4cb.png

The gun rack is cool and I will continue to make them, however the rifle wouldn't snap and I had to monkey around trying to finally get it to look 
decent in the rack.  

screen_889e7d69-7d6e-403e-8fd4-2eadcff1a6e2_hi.thumb.png.a2d1bb35c23f1b5c016916d1746bc850.png

The wall hook looks and works brilliantly.  Previously I used a stick to simulate a wall hook, this little baby looks just like it was meant for this purpose!
If this item was the only thing available from this mod, I'd be happy beyond measure!

screen_afd85a79-d8d1-46c6-8689-676d884307fc_hi.thumb.png.fffba1f1979a635ad562fa452dd8feb8.png

The carpets, tables and chairs all look outstanding, except for the fact you can't set anything on them without engaging in spacial gymnastics.  If you could add the wolf pawprint rug to the crafting mix, then I know one player in particular who would sing your praises!
Just a thought...

As to the furniture, no offence but if a player cannot just set something on the table quickly and easily then it's not worth the effort to collect the materials necessary to build the items.  What about using the reclaimed wood from pallets and crates to craft?  planks even?  just a thought.

screen_c0c5209e-e64f-4ba3-aff8-d2afbf2bacf9_hi.thumb.png.edf3a45e738dc3abea0551107612bf85.png

I wanted to place a candle on the shelf over my bed, but gave up in frustration as there was no way I could get the two modded items to work together using a third modded placement mechanic.  It took a disproportionate amount of time just setting this can of peaches on the shelf.

I did use a new crafted cushion to fluff up my bed, that old pillow underneath has definitely seen better days!  

All in all, 👍👍, I give it two thumbs up as everything looks great and is moveable.  Like I said, the only downside at this point is the fact you can't set anything on the new furniture.  At least not very easily. 

Edited by piddy3825
spelling

Thank you for trying a lot! 
Before replying to each impression, let me explain about placing the item first.
Can you try using the "Conform to surface" shortcut key when using this mod with the "Placing Anywhere Mod"? It should be possible to place things in a short time.
[PlaceFromInventory by zorgesho] should also help. (https://github.com/zorgesho/TheLongDarkMods/tree/master/PlaceFromInventory)

20220311063357_1.thumb.jpg.33524ba5c0841bba61491e1bf68b0ec8.jpg

@stmSantana

Outstanding!  Did as you suggested and clicked on the conform to surface button and was able to place items directly on tables, chairs and shelves without any issue!

I picked up where a I left off in my game and was able to manipulate all my objects and place them on the tables where I wanted and all was good. 
That would probably be good advice to put in the "Read Me" notes, but I'm probably not the best at reading the notes to be honest.  
I'd like to amend my previous rating and give you a full Three Thumbs up,  👍👍👍 and raise my glass 🍺to toast your work and success!

(i still think you might wanna look at those crafting times though...)

20 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

About getting nails.
(Isn't the forging of arrowheads two per hour?)
Thanks for your feedback on game balance, I'll try changing the forging craft time from 2 hours to 1 hour in the next update.
DLL coding is required to harvest nails when furniture is destroyed. I don't know if I can do that, it will take at least time.
As a temporary workaround, the next update will add a blueprint that crafts 1 nailbox from 2 Reclaimed wood.
It will take some time for me to add a bed, but I will schedule it.

1 hour ago, stmSantana said:

About getting nails.
(Isn't the forging of arrowheads two per hour?)
Thanks for your feedback on game balance, I'll try changing the forging craft time from 2 hours to 1 hour in the next update.
DLL coding is required to harvest nails when furniture is destroyed. I don't know if I can do that, it will take at least time.
As a temporary workaround, the next update will add a blueprint that crafts 1 nailbox from 2 Reclaimed wood.
It will take some time for me to add a bed, but I will schedule it.

Outstanding!

I understand that coding issues sometimes require substantial effort which in this case probably makes my wish for harvestable nails unrealistic.  
I think cutting down the nail crafting time does however make a lot of sense in terms of balancing and look forward to when it's implemented.
In the mean time, thank you for the opportunity to check out your work.  I'm now in the process of forging nails for the many crafting projects that I
have going on in my current game!   Thanks again for asking and double thanks for giving my suggestions some consideration!

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

Outstanding!

I understand that coding issues sometimes require substantial effort which in this case probably makes my wish for harvestable nails unrealistic.  
I think cutting down the nail crafting time does however make a lot of sense in terms of balancing and look forward to when it's implemented.
In the mean time, thank you for the opportunity to check out your work.  I'm now in the process of forging nails for the many crafting projects that I
have going on in my current game!   Thanks again for asking and double thanks for giving my suggestions some consideration!

https://github.com/stmSantana/DIY_by_Santana/releases/tag/v1.1

Please try this new version. This will cut down on some crafting time, add items, and "craft" nails from Reclaimed wood.

20220312083754_1.jpg

20220312084343_1.thumb.jpg.9fbbc927040ed66a543a97001bdc1937.jpg

Edited by stmSantana
add photos

@stmSantana, okay, I checked out the update and I gotta say everthing is working per expectations. 
 Forge crafting time is down to one hour per nail box crafted.  
Also am able to craft nail box from reclaimed wood at the crafting table!

Now that you have both methods in place for crafting nails, both of which are mutually exclusive of on another in order to work, I'd suggest you pick one method of nail 
production and eliminate the other.   I like the idea of having to forge nails as it does add a "busy" element to the game.  The player needs to gather sufficient materials to fire the forge and also needs to gather scrapmetal to make the nails from.  This aspect of the game does require the player to invest some serious game playing time in order to manufacture the necessary nail components need to build the furniture.

On the other hand, being able to craft nails at the workbench from reclaimed wood does make nail production extremely easy and substantially less time consuming.  
So much less time consuming and with obviously much less resource gathering effort than using the forge.   I don't know why anyone would wish to go thru the effort to forge nails given the easier option of crafting nails at the workbench.

I guess you could offer two separate versions, one using the forge and the other using reclaimed wood.   Some players would rather have a more immersive experience and crafting your own nails via a forge, well it doesn't get more immersive than that.   On the other hand,  If you decide to go forward using the workbench crafting option, I'd double or triple the reclaimed wood necessary for fabrication so that a little more effort is required by the player to produce nails? 

If the decision were up to me, I'd scrap the crafting table version and only offer the forge version.  

• Upvote 1

On 2022/3/12 at 午前10時27分, piddy3825 said:

@stmSantana、わかりました、私はアップデートをチェックしました、そして私はすべてが期待通りに働いていると言わなければなりません。 
 フォージの作成時間は、作成されるネイルボックスごとに1時間に短縮されます。  
また、クラフトテーブルで再生木材からネイルボックスを作ることができます!

ネイルを作成するための両方の方法が用意されたので、両方とも機能するために相互に排他的です。ネイルの 
作成方法の1つを選択し、もう1つを排除することをお勧めします。ゲームに「忙しい」要素を追加するので、釘を鍛造しなければならないという考えが好きです。プレイヤーは、鍛造を発射するのに十分な材料を集める必要があり、釘を作るためにスクラップメタルを集める必要もあります。ゲームのこの側面では、家具を構築するために必要なネイルコンポーネントを製造するために、プレーヤーはシリアスゲームのプレイ時間を費やす必要があります。

一方、再生木材から作業台で釘を作ることができると、釘の製造が 非常に 簡単になり、時間も大幅に短縮されます。  
フォージを使用するよりもはるかに時間がかからず、明らかにはるかに少ないリソース収集の労力で済みます。作業台で釘を作るより簡単な オプションを 考えると、なぜ誰もが釘を鍛造する努力をしたいと思うのかわかりません 。

1つは鍛造を使用し、もう1つは再生木材を使用する2つの別々のバージョンを提供できると思います。一部のプレイヤーは、より没入感のある体験をしたいと考えており、フォージを介して独自のネイルを作成します。それ以上に没入感は得られません。一方、作業台のクラフトオプションを使用して先に進む場合は、製造に必要な再生木材を2倍または3倍にして、プレーヤーが釘を作成するのにもう少し手間がかかるようにしますか? 

決定が私次第だった場合、私はクラフティングテーブルバージョンを廃棄し、フォージバージョンのみを提供します。  

I don't think most people need the two versions, but I'll zip the two blueprints and provide them so that users can install either or both. (Many users will install everything without reading the instructions and will get both blueprints as a result.)

https://github.com/stmSantana/DIY_by_Santana/releases/tag/v1.2

• Nail box can be crafted from reclaim wood x5, require Prybar. (by Add-on file)
  • Fixed: Add Improvised Hatchet to furniture harvesting tool.
Edited by stmSantana
  • Upvote 1

v1.2 is changed to v1.2.1 due to an error.

https://github.com/stmSantana/DIY_by_Santana/releases/latest/

- Changed the item used for nail crafting from Prybar to Toolbox. (Add-On file)

(Prybar is a hotfix for not being recognized as a crafting tool in the game. It may be changed to Prybar again by future coding.)

Edited by stmSantana

On 2022/3/12 at 午前10時27分, piddy3825 said:

@stmSantana、わかりました、私はアップデートをチェックしました、そして私はすべてが期待通りに働いていると言わなければなりません。 
 フォージの作成時間は、作成されるネイルボックスごとに1時間に短縮されます。  
また、クラフトテーブルで再生木材からネイルボックスを作ることができます!

ネイルを作成するための両方の方法が用意されたので、両方とも機能するために相互に排他的です。ネイルの 
作成方法の1つを選択し、もう1つを排除することをお勧めします。ゲームに「忙しい」要素を追加するので、釘を鍛造しなければならないという考えが好きです。プレイヤーは、鍛造を発射するのに十分な材料を集める必要があり、釘を作るためにスクラップメタルを集める必要もあります。ゲームのこの側面では、家具を構築するために必要なネイルコンポーネントを製造するために、プレーヤーはシリアスゲームのプレイ時間を費やす必要があります。

一方、再生木材から作業台で釘を作ることができると、釘の製造が 非常に 簡単になり、時間も大幅に短縮されます。  
フォージを使用するよりもはるかに時間がかからず、明らかにはるかに少ないリソース収集の労力で済みます。作業台で釘を作るより簡単な オプションを 考えると、なぜ誰もが釘を鍛造する努力をしたいと思うのかわかりません 。

1つは鍛造を使用し、もう1つは再生木材を使用する2つの別々のバージョンを提供できると思います。一部のプレイヤーは、より没入感のある体験をしたいと考えており、フォージを介して独自のネイルを作成します。それ以上に没入感は得られません。一方、作業台のクラフトオプションを使用して先に進む場合は、製造に必要な再生木材を2倍または3倍にして、プレーヤーが釘を作成するのにもう少し手間がかかるようにしますか? 

決定が私次第だった場合、私はクラフティングテーブルバージョンを廃棄し、フォージバージョンのみを提供します。  

I haven't made any new furniture yet, but I've added new features.

DIY by Santana v1.3 ( https://github.com/stmSantana/DIY_by_Santana )

• When a player breaks down a wooden vanilla object (tables, chairs, etc.), you can get nails from it.