Crossbow on TLD

TheAlex

Hello Hinterland. My name is Alex. I see, you are doing new thing on next update to survival mode on December 2021 - February 2022. I have so much good idea for update - crossbow. This weapon will be a great replacement for the bow. A crossbow is created using 2 dried maple trees, 5 pieces of scrap metal and 3 pieces of intestines. The crossbow shoots arrows and bolts that can only be found. The crossbow has excellent accuracy and excellent damage (much stronger than a bow), but also a long recharge. Therefore, it is better to use a crossbow against bears or moose. And against a pack of wolves, a bow is better, because a crossbow is not suitable because of the worst recharge. Also, the crossbow is silent. I think it will be great in the next update. It will also be at all levels of difficulty. Add also a separate skill, as with a revolver, a gun and a bow.
I hope you will add it.

Thanks guys for your activity in my post. Why crossbow better than bow? I started noticing that most players complain because of the instability of aiming with a bow. The arrows fly up and down and it's very hard to hit, because the arrows don't fly very fast. In the crossbow, the arrows and bolts accelerate to a maximum of 56 kilometers per hour and after the shot fly for 1 second exactly, after they fall. This helps in aiming at a long distance. And it will be very easy, for example, to hit a bear in the head, thereby knocking him down with one shot. Due to the high speed of the arrows, there will be very good damage. True, it is better to use a crossbow to kill large animals at a distant distance, otherwise it will not have enough recharge speed to make another shot before the bear knocked down the character.

1 hour ago, TheAlex said:

Thanks guys for your activity in my post. Why crossbow better than bow? I started noticing that most players complain because of the instability of aiming with a bow. The arrows fly up and down and it's very hard to hit, because the arrows don't fly very fast. In the crossbow, the arrows and bolts accelerate to a maximum of 56 kilometers per hour and after the shot fly for 1 second exactly, after they fall. This helps in aiming at a long distance. And it will be very easy, for example, to hit a bear in the head, thereby knocking him down with one shot. Due to the high speed of the arrows, there will be very good damage. True, it is better to use a crossbow to kill large animals at a distant distance, otherwise it will not have enough recharge speed to make another shot before the bear knocked down the character.

I kill everything from a distance  lol🙂 so it's probably more use to me than most players.  And I would rather have a crossbow than a revolver. I hardly ever use it.

There is absolutely no need for a crossbow once skilled with the bow. 
 New ideas, not duplicative ideas, is the best strength of the game design. 
 Plus why would you just “find” crossbow bolts lying around??? If they make a crossbow, the bolts should have to be crafted. 
 But they shouldn’t. There are much more basic survival necessities and skills that would be far more practical that the game lacks. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...