Blackrock prison in survival mode

5 hours ago, isacsoyo said:

ive been wondering if when the blackrock region releases will the prison be destroyed like at the end of the episode 4 or will it be fully explorable i want to see what people think

Hinterland said blackrock region survival update will be end of the year.

I guess the prison won’t be fully explorable but ı don’t wanna see it destroyed. Maybe it wiil look like carter dam with some broken stuff and locked buildings.

Bring it on Hinterland! Can’t wait to play new region😬

• Upvote 1

I would expect that the prison won't be destroyed - in survival mode the actions of Will, Jace, and Mathis and company would not have occurred - though it might not be much more explorable or functional than what episode 4 allowed.  One might expect the prison to be pretty reasonable from an adventuring point of view, plenty to explore, and yet lacking from a truly operational one (which was how I viewed Ash Canyon), who would build this kind of place or how the heck could it function?  

I would expect that the steam tunnels will either be accessible or not but we won't be manipulating valves and such to unlock doors, etc.  Also, likely no suffocation pockets either in the tunnels or at the mine.  Those served a purpose in story mode but would be a serious and unnecessary nuisance in survival. 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, Pınar51-06 said:

I guess the prison won’t be fully explorable but ı don’t wanna see it destroyed. Maybe it wiil look like carter dam with some broken stuff and locked buildings.

I would hope so! Wouldn't mind an easter egg like a section of the prison that only opens during aurora. Apart from that less is often more. Hopefully we get a great deal of, but not an excessive amount of, drawers to search and a limited amount of loot.

6 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Also, likely no suffocation pockets either in the tunnels or at the mine.  Those served a purpose in story mode but would be a serious and unnecessary nuisance in survival. 

Hopefully you're right, or there will be lots of players dragging their fully explored overwintered survivors down to the mines just to do from suffocation, dying with a whimper after hundreds of days. Hinterland did transfer the funny electrocuting pits in the new CH mine to survival even though they don't fulfil any other purpose than harvesting seasoned survivors.

The suffocation bit would be fine even on Loper/Deadman if there was valuable oneoff item at the end of the mine... would certainly make the trip more stressing than the AC gold mine currently but maybe in a good way...

Anyhow, there was interesting bit from Raphael on twitter regarding the costs of each new Survival region. Apparently it's roughly around 300K , and that's when using mostly premade assets... Episodes are couple a million each

There are no dates yet but I'm expecting brief announcement next week, followed by release roughly around 6-8th of December. Either that or 13-15th. The reasons: they want the update out way before Christmas, so they can patch em out with initial hotfixes, and also early in the week so that they don't happen to release a broken version for a weekend. Bleak Inlet and Ash Canyon certainly followed this.

Edited by Mistral