Mouse click bugged out?


Recommended Posts

I have never ever had any issues with TLD whatsoever (since beta).
Suddenly, I can not draw my bow using mouse left click.
A bit later I can not open or close doors with my mouse. Not pickup stuff.

If I go to options and set mouse options to something slightly less or more sensitive and return to game, it works for a while again. Then seems to bug out once again. If I repeat the process going into options the mouse come back again and bow will draw, doors will open and I can place objects as ususal.
Mouse seem to work in menu until last time, when even the menues did not work.

To add to this, I updated my MSFS2020 where Asobo messed up mouse control + all peripherals in that game. As closely tied they are to Microsoft (windows) I was wondering if their incompetence could actually affect other games or steam streaming services? To the degree that even TLD is affected?

In MFS2020 they forced us to use Touch controllers (as a VR flyer) and that turned the whole sim upside down. Not even when I removed my batteries and removed the Touch controllers from the Oculus rift Dashboard config did the software work - it crashed instead. I notice when shifting to a Steam stream, Steam suggests that some games can make use of Touch controllers and that is a very worrying message... in this context?

I am amazed as to what just happened? Anyone else just updated MSFS2020 to Su7 and have similar issues with mouse control in TLD/other games? Or could it be a temporary Steam streaming issue (running the game on one PC and playing/visualizing it on another?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is most likely an issue related to Steam Streaming (to other plattforms, i.e. my laptop).

I tested TLD on my PC and it was fine in terms of mouse control. I then also tested several other games using Steam Streaming to my laptop (The Hunter CoTW, Duskers, The Room, Da Vinchi, Doorkickers 2) and there was no mouse problems to be found there. Is this then something that need to be adressed by Hinterland so that Steam Streaming works or is it solely on Steam?

Thought you need to be aware (if not already).

Edited by Bromstarzan
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I'm not the only person with this issue. It started for me about 1-2 weeks ago. I can still right-click on a lot of things unless that command drops or cancels what I'm trying to do. If I alt-tab off and on TLD the left-click works fine for a few seconds before quickly going back to poop again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2021 at 6:54 AM, Bromstarzan said:

It is most likely an issue related to Steam Streaming (to other plattforms, i.e. my laptop).

I tested TLD on my PC and it was fine in terms of mouse control. I then also tested several other games using Steam Streaming to my laptop (The Hunter CoTW, Duskers, The Room, Da Vinchi, Doorkickers 2) and there was no mouse problems to be found there. Is this then something that need to be adressed by Hinterland so that Steam Streaming works or is it solely on Steam?

Thought you need to be aware (if not already).

Can you please reach out via our support portal so we can look into this further for you? https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks for your patience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Admin, I have now reported via zendesk.

As I reported, there seem to be an issue with Steam stream in combination with Unity, especially with how radial menues are implemented. When leaving 3D to interact with menues overlaid on the 3D world it starts to break down. Alt-TAB restore it but just briefly. Exact same thing happens in Green Hell, House Flipper, Tank Mechanic Simulator just to mention a few (also Unity-based).

Hope it gets resolved, really miss sitting in my comfy chair steam-streaming my favourite game. Labour of Love nominated!

Edited by Bromstarzan
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now been in contact with Steam support regarding the Remote Play issue.

They are unable to help since it is such a "strange" issue and does not generate any error codes. With Win10 and Steam pushing out updates all the time, I fear this issue began with the latest win10 update. For some reason (x-box support crap?) the mouse control drivers/libraries went bad 2 weeks ago. I do not think it has to do with TLD. Or any other game. Same issue can be seen in many other games while using Remote Play. 

Thank you for reaching out. Hope nobody else will have this problem (I guess De00061 is out of luck too). 

Edited by Bromstarzan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2021 at 3:26 AM, Bromstarzan said:

Thank you Admin, I have now reported via zendesk.

As I reported, there seem to be an issue with Steam stream in combination with Unity, especially with how radial menues are implemented. When leaving 3D to interact with menues overlaid on the 3D world it starts to break down. Alt-TAB restore it but just briefly. Exact same thing happens in Green Hell, House Flipper, Tank Mechanic Simulator just to mention a few (also Unity-based).

Hope it gets resolved, really miss sitting in my comfy chair steam-streaming my favourite game. Labour of Love nominated!

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for reporting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2021 at 3:29 PM, De00061 said:

...works fine for a few seconds before quickly going back to poop again. 

Going forward, I'm incorporating this into my IT Ops service outage reporting.  "Databases restored from backup.  IIS / web server functionality restored.  All systems validated as functioning normally.  Unless they quickly go back to poop again."  ☻

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi alla!

Indeed, like @De00061 says, it now seem to work correctly again. I had to quit streaming many games (using the Unity engine) for a long while, but now I am going through the titles again using the Steam Streaming function and 5 games are now working again, including TLD. Happy times!

I did not do anything but I guess the updates, perhaps both on Steam side and game-side (win10?), solved it. I will also let Steam staff know since I have a ticket with them as well.

So, to the Hinterland team @Admin, thanks for investigating a hard issue that solved itself over time. I hope it stays like this ;)

Edited by Bromstarzan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now