Most annoying phrase?

Leeanda

I actually find a minor mannerism (clearing his throat) by Will as part of a phrase he utters to be so irritating that it ruins for awhile my mood most of the time he does it.  The phrase itself doesn't bother me at all.   Other than my verbalizing "nobody asked you" or "sorry about that" on occasion, none of the other phrases uttered by Will or Astrid really bother me. 

Since I know that the comments uttered by Will and Astrid or their mannerisms generally reflect things like the state of their encumbrance (I am most tolerant of that) or hunger or thirst or fatigue or how cold they are (par for the course), I don't find it much of a problem. 

I have their voices always muted but the very worst were always the "surrounded by snow and nothing to drink" + "the guy who drank his own pee..." -lines because of how absurd and laughably untrue they are

Edited by Mistral

I have recently been playing AC Valhalla.  In that there are a great many phrases and mannerisms that are repeated again and again and again and are extremely irritating. 

It is little things like that make TLD so good, such issues are very minor.

I often think, when playing other games, that if this game had the same level detailed player criticism and response from its developer as did TLD it would be a much better game.

• Like 1

"I hope nobody needs this anymore," and you put the item back into the drawer. I feel like he should only say that if you actually take the item lol. 

What bothers me even more, though it's not a phrase he says, is the shouts of pain when you fall two feet and don't injure anything lol. 

I play with voice audio on 0 though. I only have to listen to it on Wintermute. 

Edited by Pencil
  • Upvote 1

They don't usually bother me, though when Will or Astrid says 'I'm starving' or 'I've never been so hungry in my life' or something of the sort when they has a quarter of the hunger bar full or more, it can annoy me.  They're really not starving. Both are pretty whiny, though I find Will to be a bit better so I generally play as him. 

I know we aren't talking about this, but one of my favourite phrases however is from Astrid 'Can you eat a tree? Because I'm gonna. I'm gonna eat a tree' You do you Astrid, you go eat those trees

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Sorry for double posting, but what are your least favourite phrases?

Cant remember exact words of either at the moment but one is what she says when  she gets food poisoning! Which has happened several times lately!😁

Something like "I think I'm gonna die".  It's more the way she says it!  

And I can't remember the other one at all at the moment. I'll have to get back to you on that!🙂 

I've never heard Astrid say anything about eating trees?

Edited by Leeanda

34 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I know we aren't talking about this, but one of my favourite phrases however is from Astrid 'Can you eat a tree? Because I'm gonna. I'm gonna eat a tree' You do you Astrid, you go eat those trees

Agreed. Might be the best voice line in the game, always makes me laugh. Astrid's lines has so much more personality than Will's, I think. 

The "I've never been this hungry in my life" line I find mildly annoying to hear on like day 50 and upward. But in general I like hearing all the voice lines, I never turn them off. I would actually like that one line to only appear once, or maybe disappear after a number of days. On the other hand, maybe that's just the protein poisoning clouding the survivor's memory 🤷

1 hour ago, Ruined Cat Tail Stalk said:

I would actually like that one line to only appear once, or maybe disappear after a number of days. 

Yes I agree. It doesn't bother me in the beginning but after facing actual starvation, countless blizzards, and timberwolves, you'd think that they would learn to get over being slightly peckish. You have a good idea, and it would make sense to just have it in for the first few days when they're not used to the wilderness. 

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Cant remember exact words of either at the moment but one is what she says when  she gets food poisoning! Which has happened several times lately!😁

Something like "I think I'm gonna die".  It's more the way she says it!  

And I can't remember the other one at all at the moment. I'll have to get back to you on that!🙂 

I've never heard Astrid say anything about eating trees?

Yes I know which one you mean. It doesn't really bother me but that's probably because I don't hear it as much as her hunger complaints.

And she says it quite a lot, actually, the tree thing. I would screenshot it with the subtitles to put here to show you, but my current save is with Will, who is a bit less dramatic imo, and he doesn't say it. She says about eating horses as well, so I suppose hungry Astrid isn't that picky

Edited by Catlover

32 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yes I agree. It doesn't bother me in the beginning but after facing actual starvation, countless blizzards, and timberwolves, you'd think that they would learn to get over being slightly peckish. You have a good idea, and it would make sense to just have it in for the first few days when they're not used to the wilderness. 

Yes I know which one you mean. It doesn't really bother me but that's probably because I don't hear it as much as her hunger complaints.

And she says it quite a lot, actually, the tree thing. I would screenshot it with the subtitles to put here to show you, but my current save is with Will, who is a bit less dramatic imo, and he doesn't say it. She says about eating horses as well, so I suppose hungry Astrid isn't that picky

I've obviously spoilt Astrid with all that food! I'll have to starve her once in a while just so she'll say it☺️ thanks !

I find Astrid way less annoying than Will. The most annoying phrases for me are the cries when walking on a sprained ankle. Maybe they don't count.

On a tangent - I'd like a Bruce Willis Die Hard (1) DLC. "Think I just ate million year old granola bar.." - "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..." - "Now I have a survival bow... Ho ho ho"

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Probably when Will says:

”I’ve never been so hungry in my life.”

and when he says:

”I’ve never been so cold in my life.”

Whenever he was through the same ordeal yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. And... never mind, you get it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ManicManiac said:

"I wonder if I can drop any of this gear..."

:coffee::fire::coffee:
No Will... no.  We put it in your backpack for a reason... you can not drop any of this gear right now. :P 

I've found myself saying no when Astrid says that too lately.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Y'know I honestly don't even know. I been playing the game without survivor voice-over in custom mode since custom mode was first released. 

I guess it would be "Is it food or...?" when picking up any food item. Like yes William, the can of peaches is indeed food. What else would it be?

• Upvote 3

On 11/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, Stone said:

I find Astrid way less annoying than Will. The most annoying phrases for me are the cries when walking on a sprained ankle. Maybe they don't count.

On a tangent - I'd like a Bruce Willis Die Hard (1) DLC. "Think I just ate million year old granola bar.." - "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..." - "Now I have a survival bow... Ho ho ho"

100% agreed!!! Stop whining about your spraining ankle and how it’s “going to slow things down”.  

and just for your additional enjoyment:

image.jpeg.fcb40ad2460ebb706b53822c13852d30.jpeg

• Upvote 2