Thoughts from a 20 day stint

chaoservices

So I've about exhausted Mystery Lake. Just completed my wilderness outfit of skins. Time to lock up Pepper's, pick up my stash from the logging camp and kiss Fluffy goodbye (with a bullet).

I don't know if this is a feature or chance but in my stay in the Camp Office has driven the wolves crazy. 1 out of 3 times now there is one on patrol out the door or on my way home after a long day a field. This makes sense to me, since there is a big smelly juicy snack in there so if I'm just unlucky consider that having the wildlife close in be a feature. Encourage players not to settle down.

Speaking of luck when I do get indoors I've been noticing fires just don't start when fatigued. Again makes sense, and if it's just my bad luck I suggest it be a game mechanic modifier. But include a voice-over like, "I'm too tired for this."

Anyway on to the highway!

Wolves (and other wildlife) follow a regular pattern in their movements. If you arrive back at the CO around the same time, you'll likely run in to a wolf every time. I think it's in the late afternoon (16-18 hours) that you will find a wolf coming from the train tracks going to the lake, stop and return the way he came. I just go up the slope across CO and wait there until it's passed.

Cool idea about fatigue lowering the chance to start a fire instead of disabling being able to start a fire all together.

But I think the sleeping with your socks on means fog thing is just superstition :P

Wolves (and other wildlife) follow a regular pattern in their movements. If you arrive back at the CO around the same time, you'll likely run in to a wolf every time. I think it's in the late afternoon (16-18 hours) that you will find a wolf coming from the train tracks going to the lake, stop and return the way he came.

Sweet! Stalker's hard core mode:

No clock.

Just wolf-dial timekeeping.

*Really dumb joke*

Update: My mano-y-lobo in the dam went poorly. Though anyone you walk away from right? I've spent almost three nights nursing myself to health from the fight and then falling between starving, dehydrated, and poisoned.

Now I need a RL break.

Archived