SnowShelter Placement

oplli

I Would like it if the snowshelter was easyer to place. i understand that it is to force the player to wisely choose its camp location and make shure we cant place a SnowShelter everywhere but sometime we cant even place it when the ground is perfectly flat. 

Thanks

• Upvote 2

I use the snow shelter when I'm crafting things that take a while, like wolf coat, bear coat, etc.  I craft inside all day then spend the night in the snow shelter and get the coat done in 2-3 days without getting cabin fever risk.  But yeah, to OP's point, placing the snow shelter is a pain sometimes.  

I understand that a lot of people dont use it but that might be a lot beacause it is a pain in the ass. and it wouldnt bother anybody to fix the problem. there is already a mod that lets you place everything where you want for decoration and base management. that should already be in vanilla

• 2 weeks later...

It's a strange one the snow shelter. It's like the game needs it to exist but then it has no particular value. I really like the idea of living in one but it doesn't mesh with the rest of the game. Placement is limiting, workbenches are inside or not somewhere you'd want to make camp and the shelter falls apart kinda quick imho.

So definitely with you @oplli 🙂