Deer carcass disapeared

Corso

Not sure if this has already been reported but since the chapter update I keep loosing the starting deer carcass

The last time it was on Ravine- the one by the rope point down - went to harvest it but changed my mind before I started as I needed rest

went to one of the caves to sleep and when I returned it was gone - happened on Stalker and Loper games but not something I've seen before?

2 hours ago, Corso said:

Not sure if this has already been reported but since the chapter update I keep loosing the starting deer carcass

The last time it was on Ravine- the one by the rope point down - went to harvest it but changed my mind before I started as I needed rest

went to one of the caves to sleep and when I returned it was gone - happened on Stalker and Loper games but not something I've seen before?

This is something we're looking into as we've heard a couple other reports from other players. Thanks for your patience as we investigate. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just started a new game (still on Pilgrim) and am now in Mystery Lake area -- traveled from Bleak Inlet (no deer remains found there at all)  thru Forlorn Muskeg (one at the cave exit & possible one out on the iffy ice area but nothing else in expected/known areas).

Found & harvested one deer carcass in the "barn" near Trappers Cabin the first day, but have not found another since. Nothing along the train line, in the fenced area at the dam, by the hunter's blinds, or in the clear cut. There are corpses there, but no deer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed this as well. Normally in certain regions, a ravaged deer carcass typically spawns (free food  the player doesn't have to earn). This is very helpful since it can take some time to get the first firearm or bow for hunting on a new playthrough. However, in my last few playthroughs, I noticed 90% of the carcasses aren't spawning. At first, I thought maybe the GMs decided to reduce the number of carcasses simply to make it harder, but if they are actually suppose to spawn, then this is quite the annoyance.

They are despawning after three days like all the other carcasses. This happens three days after you enter a region for the first time, so when you enter a new region you've got three days to get 'em all.

Gotta get 'em all!

File:Surprised Pikachu HD.jpg

Yes, I feel that this is a bug and not intended; that said, having them disappear and putting them all on a 15-30 day randomized timer to respawn is not a terrible way to change it... have spawn points for the carcasses, have half of 'em spawn when the player first enters a region, and then start respawning each of the spawn points 15-30 days after the previous carcass despawns.

Edited by stratvox
eureka moment