Radio at mountaineers

Leeanda

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, Leeanda said:

Even better if the radio played some of the themes from the game!

Never thought of that before but yeah it would be awesome to listen to the main menu music from different updates. While In game.

Edited by sierra 117
  • Upvote 1

+1 on listening to the various HL music rather than classical. I never turn on the radio during aurora since finding that it only plays the same every time.

Alternatively: rather than music, static and creepy barely discernable something that sounds like a voice saying something. Nothing distinct enough to give you any assurance that there was someone else alive.... but just maybe? 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sito said:

+1 on listening to the various HL music rather than classical. I never turn on the radio during aurora since finding that it only plays the same every time.

Alternatively: rather than music, static and creepy barely discernable something that sounds like a voice saying something. Nothing distinct enough to give you any assurance that there was someone else alive.... but just maybe? 

I got just the thing...

talk about some scary sounds that might play on the radio, this actual sound byte just made the hair on my neck stand on end!

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

What Mountaineer's Hut also needs is a rifle rack.  What can be more rustic than a rifle rack on the wall?  The rack can have a small drawer for ammo though that might make it impossible to break up the rack (which is a shelf) because now it contains a container.  

I think most players wouldn't mind being able to lean the rifle against a wall or something either.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

What Mountaineer's Hut also needs is a rifle rack.  What can be more rustic than a rifle rack on the wall?  The rack can have a small drawer for ammo though that might make it impossible to break up the rack (which is a shelf) because now it contains a container.  

I think most players wouldn't mind being able to lean the rifle against a wall or something either.  

lol, I usually keep my rifle clamped up in the vise cause it's so old it constantly needs work.

screen_68438815-7a41-4fdd-bc03-2368a4663d46_hi.thumb.png.e7ead26b74ec67ca78c214dd545c03b8.png

but when I'm done working on it, 

screen_b4477ba2-d4c6-4a3e-855b-c0b9a0ae24fe_hi.thumb.png.6678a8f651c78da6316cad7e487c3e39.png

I prop it up next to my clothes.  yeah, the stand up by themselves now since I haven't been able to wash anything for almost 2 years...  pew

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

lol, I usually keep my rifle clamped up in the vise cause it's so old it constantly needs work.

screen_68438815-7a41-4fdd-bc03-2368a4663d46_hi.thumb.png.e7ead26b74ec67ca78c214dd545c03b8.png

but when I'm done working on it, 

screen_b4477ba2-d4c6-4a3e-855b-c0b9a0ae24fe_hi.thumb.png.6678a8f651c78da6316cad7e487c3e39.png

I prop it up next to my clothes.  yeah, the stand up by themselves now since I haven't been able to wash anything for almost 2 years...  pew

Imagine forgetting he was there and returning to the hut in the dark after a long absence! 

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

Never thought about having the game themes play through the radio.

That would be amazing.

🙏 

Especially after the updates have been added,there's some great new ones now .

• Upvote 1