Starting a 4DON Adventure?

boy_scout_kevin

Hello Super-Kev!

The 4 Days Of Night event starts with an update to the survival mode that loads all of the special event content.  You don't actually do anything!  Although I think Escape the Duckwalker is now a separate challenge event.

Tomorrow is Halloween so I'm guessing the update push will be any time now.

Be Prepared!  (insert spooky laughing here)

11 minutes ago, Luca Loquax said:

Hello Super-Kev!

The 4 Days Of Night event starts with an update to the survival mode that loads all of the special event content.  You don't actually do anything!  Although I think Escape the Duckwalker is now a separate challenge event.

Tomorrow is Halloween so I'm guessing the update push will be any time now.

Be Prepared!  (insert spooky laughing here)

What? I'm not sure if this is a joke or not but there is no 4DON or any other Halloween event this year.

I guess if one wants to try to emulate past years, the only ways are to either play a Custom game with Endless Night enabled, or to play the Darkwalker challenge. Or try out some mods for older versions of the game I guess

Edited by Mistral

"Between the Episode Four launch, the subsequent hotfixing work, and preparing the Survival Mode update for the end of the year, I unfortunately had to make a tough call to sacrifice the Halloween Event this year." - October 2021 Dev Diary

• 1 year later...

They should have just made re-runs for old 2018-2019 4DON events so those who wanted those old badges could have gotten those.  You know like they show some classic movies every Xmas etc. Would have been good time for that. But I know, I know, with 99,9 % sure will not happen ever and those who miss those badges are forever tormented by that :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I just missed it but I'd love to have a go too!🙂

I could have played this both the 2018 and the 2019 ones but I had only played the first two story episodes and didn't know the maps that well plus I was playing another game at the time this event was on and I didn't want to stop playing the game I was playing to play this event. 

Once episode three came out I played that, then replayed the first two episodes then started to play survival mode as I knew some of the maps from playing story mode.

So both badges are now locked for me.

I wish hinterland would give us the chance to re-play it like they do with Escape The Darkwalker.

I bought the game literally two days before it finished I think. I had no idea how to even do anything!😁    

It would be good to get the chance and get the badge for it. 

I suppose htl are too busy this year though so if they do bring it back I think it'll be next year at least.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I bought the game literally two days before it finished I think. I had no idea how to even do anything!😁    

It would be good to get the chance and get the badge for it. 

I suppose htl are too busy this year though so if they do bring it back I think it'll be next year at least.

The only reason I never played it was I didn't know the maps at the time as I had only played the first two episdes as they were the only two released at the time and I had only played survival mode once, other than that I would have paused playing the other game I was on and I would have played this event.

Hopefully they''ll bring it back next year for Halloween once they have finished episode 5 and all the DLC for this year.

• Like 1

I don't go into hrv unless it's to end a run on purpose or if I'm extremely bored. Which doesn't happen that often.  

I didn't really do darkwalker,I just left mystery lake and stood there waiting for it in winding river🙂. Took ages for it to turn up😁

4DON was what got me out of my comfort zone and exploring other maps. I liked the shorter nature of it. I liked how you starting off easy, exploring and gathering, but it quickly building up into the blizzard.

I actually just really want to finish day 4. I got up to day 3 once. I was inside the carter damn and happened to walk over the power cables shortly after the aurora's activated. At that point in time I was working full-time which meant I didn't have enough time to catch up even by setting the computer's time back. It's been bothering me since then. Anyways, I didn't intend for that to turn into a vent.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I don't go into hrv unless it's to end a run on purpose or if I'm extremely bored. Which doesn't happen that often.  

I didn't really do darkwalker,I just left mystery lake and stood there waiting for it in winding river🙂. Took ages for it to turn up😁

I spent 28 days in HRV when I was going for Faithful Cartographer, I was playing in Pilgrim. I have been in there a few times since but not for very long.

Its a maze in there but I have started a new run since the update as I lost my other run of over 700 days, the save was on the ps4 but it wouldn't show up in the game and happened when the Black Rock map was put in survival mode. I would have lost the save anyway with the new updates.

I will be going to HRV again in this run and will get to know my way around it better this time.

1 minute ago, Lone Walker said:

I spent 28 days in HRV when I was going for Faithful Cartographer, I was playing in Pilgrim. I have been in there a few times since but not for very long.

Its a maze in there but I have started a new run since the update as I lost my other run of over 700 days, the save was on the ps4 but it wouldn't show up in the game and happened when the Black Rock map was put in survival mode. I would have lost the save anyway with the new updates.

I will be going to HRV again in this run and will get to know my way around it better this time.

It's certainly a maze, especially at ground level.. doing the achievement was the only reason I spent more than a day in there.  I hate the place!  😁

It sucks losing a long run so I can sympathize with you,I lost mine to a save bug. Nearly 800 days  gone ,but that was well before blackrock.. this is my first attempt at a long run since then . If I want to finish the tales though I have to go there,🤪. Somehow I keep going in circles near moose overlook😂

Good luck  with it ..  👍😊

• 6 months later...