Mine dangers reset once we exit?

Brigo

Can anyone else confirm?

I discovered the "back door" to the mine on a walkabout, decided to explore, took care of the deadly situations, but exited since I couldn't use certain key items.  I left at least thinking I could return later when timing more appropriate and was satisfied that I at least would have an easier time accessing areas.

Wrong.  The deadly situation had reset and I now have no access to the item necessary to manage it since it remained stuck (not something I could carry per se) deep in the mine.  So now it is impossible for me to complete the task Mathis assigned.

I've submitted a bug report simply asking that the back door be locked if exploring the mine jeopardizes the ability to later properly complete the episode.

I think I found a similar situation, I had quit the game to try Skyrim out (I didn’t like it) and when I can back it reloaded an auto save with Mackenzie in an area previously cleared of gas, except he was choking, had to run back out of the mine to find clear air but when I crept back the gas had gone. I assume the fresh air flow takes a while to work and has ‘turned off’ while I was in Skyrim.

I couldn't.  I had discovered the mine early on but couldn't enter.  I actually entered through the "blocked" area.  Once in, I couldn't go back out that way, but  I was able to exit through the "main" entrance.  But, yes, everything was a one-way door.  I made multiple save points and simply exited after exploring what I could get by with after turning off the gas thinking it would save me time on the return trip, but it didn't.  I'm not sure if after the hotfix anything has changed.