Angry BOAR as new quest animal

Ixusss

If we are to add a new predator animal in this game, it should be a mountain lion. I live where this game takes place, basically (remote rural BC) and we have tons of them here. I saw one on my way back from a walk to the end of the driveway (it's almost 3km long) 2 weeks ago, just sitting on a nearby hill, watching me.

Never seen or heard of boar hereabouts, though.

28 minutes ago, Kranium said:

If we are to add a new predator animal in this game, it should be a mountain lion. I live where this game takes place, basically (remote rural BC) and we have tons of them here. I saw one on my way back from a walk to the end of the driveway (it's almost 3km long) 2 weeks ago, just sitting on a nearby hill, watching me.

That sounds terrifying! If it was me I'd be armed to the teeth  before I went out the door.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, Kranium said:

Yeah, mountain lion's are the animal that make the most sense to me too. I also think it'd be pretty cool to have a mode/mod that replaces all the deer with woodland caribou. Keep everything else the same, just ... caribou.

I lived for a while in Prince George when I was very young. Whereabouts are you?

An animal a smaller animal that doesn't bleed out, Has an all most zero percent base chance of being killed by a revolver, is way more power full than wolves in struggles, frightens of wolves, but if the wolves get to close gores them, has a decent amount of meat and gives a hide that can be used to repair wolf skin clocks instead of actual wolf skins thus giving players more time before they start thinking of wolves as strictly prey animals by make the less good to hunt but, makes them feel like more of a nuisance in the comfortable late game (both problems can be partially solved by increasing the spawn time)! Also has a run by attack that damages magnifying glasses, knocks your weapon out of your hand, knocks you over followed by a tackle and then tries to gore you, does a bunch of damage on the charge with a chance to gore, can't be scared away and roams far and wide from it's original spawn. Imagine one of these wandering around leaving trails of blood from wolves in each region. Every encounter that you can't escape from ending in one of your deaths. Animal who killing isn't particularly useful, but is always out for blood. A lot of players would get frustrated with the lack of good loot, but even if there weren't any new recipes, just making they're hides an alternative for repair bearskin stuff would be good enough if significantly slower respawns were implemented. As is the game has a mechanic where if your repeatedly killing animals in an area they respawn slower, but the difference is so, small that I didn't even notice until someone told me. The Idea is to make the world more empty and feel more desolation over time. Decreased animal counts ought to take place other regions than the one you're currently in. In a nut shell I think a boar would be a great addition especially to survival mode.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:21 AM, Ixusss said:

The mountain lion's is a new term for me. Does the Puma the same? About lions I imagine African savannah but not the snow and mountains))))

Mountain Lion, Cougar, Puma - are all used interchangeably. Most people here in BC say "cougar". I prefer "mountain lion" because cougar makes me think of my ex...

Here's a pic of a mountain lion watching me near the end of my driveway a few weeks ago. It had a fresh deer kill there, as I learned when I checked the spot 2 days later. (these cats are able to kill a full grown moose, just FYI) Can you see it? Unfortunately its head is behind a tree, but you can see one ear. I didn't stick around or get any closer, one of our barn cats was walking with me haha

big cat.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kranium said:

Mountain Lion, Cougar, Puma - are all used interchangeably. Most people here in BC say "cougar". I prefer "mountain lion" because cougar makes me think of my ex...

Here's a pic of a mountain lion watching me near the end of my driveway a few weeks ago. It had a fresh deer kill there, as I learned when I checked the spot 2 days later. (these cats are able to kill a full grown moose, just FYI) Can you see it? Unfortunately its head is behind a tree, but you can see one ear. I didn't stick around or get any closer, one of our barn cats was walking with me haha

big cat.jpg

I wouldn't have stuck around long enough to take a picture never mind anything else!🙂 

You're a braver man than me !