Angry BOAR as new quest animal

Ixusss

Hello everybody. What about a new animal  BOAR  in survival mode or events, wild and angry. A boar family as ambient forest inhabitants also wiil be a good update.

23k fan group from Russia vote for the boar the king of the winter forest.

thelongdark5.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thinking of boar aren't they normally in groups?

Just looked it up. According to google the females can live in groups up to 20, or even 50 in some cases! However, the males are solitary. Not sure if I'd want 50, or even 20, female boars running after me! Although, HTL would probably make their numbers a lot smaller.

All in all, looks like a pretty cool addition and as long as it wouldn't be too difficult to implement, it would be interesting to see boars in TLD.

34 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Just looked it up. According to google the females can live in groups up to 20, or even 50 in some cases! However, the males are solitary. Not sure if I'd want 50, or even 20, female boars running after me! Although, HTL would probably make their numbers a lot smaller.

All in all, looks like a pretty cool addition and as long as it wouldn't be too difficult to implement, it would be interesting to see boars in TLD.

Four or five Timberwolves are bad enough but that many boar? No thanks☺ that would need some dynamite never mind noisemakers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Four or five Timberwolves are bad enough but that many boar? No thanks☺ that would need some dynamite never mind noisemakers!

But new game mechanics can be implemented, such as climbing to a tree by analogy with what is already there with a rope or ladder

The tree is a good safe place aganst wolf or bear also)))) 

Rifle and revolver in real life can't help aganst boar in some case. Indeed, "Run, Forrest, Run!" is the best solution)))

495_19551.jpg

495_19554.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ixusss said:

But new game mechanics can be implemented, such as climbing to a tree by analogy with what is already there with a rope or ladder

The tree is a good safe place aganst wolf or bear also)))) 

Rifle and revolver in real life can't help aganst boar in some case. Indeed, "Run, Forrest, Run!" is the best solution)))

495_19551.jpg

495_19554.jpg

Tree hides would be a good idea! They look simple enough to build! 

Welcome to the forum by the way!🙂

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Unfortunately wild boars are not indigenous to Canada. There are small populations of wild boar that have been introduced, but not statistically significant enough for it to make a sensible addition.

Hate to say it but they're not native to the UK either but we now have them causing devastation in some parts of the country!

• Like 1

Interesting topic and as memory serves there was an article in the Vancouver news back in early 2019 about invasive wild pigs spreading in B.C. 
That being said, most of these feral pigs were reportedly contained to the interior portions of the mainland although there were reports of some sightings
of feral pigs on Vancouver Island, however their numbers were very limited.  

"The University of Saskatchewan study says feral pigs have earned the distinction of Canada’s most invasive mammal because of their growth in the prairies. 58 per cent of the animals’ growth in Canada has happened in Saskatchewan, where they burrow in “pigloos” during the winter months." 
"Gail Wallin, Executive Director of the Invasive Species Council of BC, says the animals are a growing concern. “If you see one, we want you to report it in, but also if you’re a hunter you can remove it as long as you follow hunting rules and regulations,” she says."

hmmm, so you might find some pigs, but apparently not in any abundance on any of the islands.  

I think if there was another potentially aggressive animal being introduced, it should probably be a sea lion.   
Although not necessarily an aggressive animal, sea lions can get pretty big, something like 500 kilos and apparently 
their mouths are full of very very sharp teeth.  Supposedly their mouths are so full of bacteria that their teeth turn black
making the bite from a sea lion quite dangerous as their teeth are designed for tearing and ripping their prey.

I guess now is a good time to get that old harpoon cannon on the Riken working again!

sealions.jpg.a7ebf163628af6ed98d2710321499334.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Interesting topic and as memory serves there was an article in the Vancouver news back in early 2019 about invasive wild pigs spreading in B.C. 
That being said, most of these feral pigs were reportedly contained to the interior portions of the mainland although there were reports of some sightings
of feral pigs on Vancouver Island, however their numbers were very limited.  

"The University of Saskatchewan study says feral pigs have earned the distinction of Canada’s most invasive mammal because of their growth in the prairies. 58 per cent of the animals’ growth in Canada has happened in Saskatchewan, where they burrow in “pigloos” during the winter months." 
"Gail Wallin, Executive Director of the Invasive Species Council of BC, says the animals are a growing concern. “If you see one, we want you to report it in, but also if you’re a hunter you can remove it as long as you follow hunting rules and regulations,” she says."

hmmm, so you might find some pigs, but apparently not in any abundance on any of the islands.  

I think if there was another potentially aggressive animal being introduced, it should probably be a sea lion.   
Although not necessarily an aggressive animal, sea lions can get pretty big, something like 500 kilos and apparently 
their mouths are full of very very sharp teeth.  Supposedly their mouths are so full of bacteria that their teeth turn black
making the bite from a sea lion quite dangerous as their teeth are designed for tearing and ripping their prey.

I guess now is a good time to get that old harpoon cannon on the Riken working again!

sealions.jpg.a7ebf163628af6ed98d2710321499334.jpg

Might be kind of cool to see some sea creatures in the game!

On 10/26/2021 at 12:23 PM, Ixusss said:

This would be abused heavily for bear/moose hunting, especially if one can climb any tree. Now at least you need to find a ledge which is close enough to the prey's path but unreachable for it, which already makes it easy enough.

17 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

This would be abused heavily for bear/moose hunting, especially if one can climb any tree. Now at least you need to find a ledge which is close enough to the prey's path but unreachable for it, which already makes it easy enough.

The simple answer is only have them away from bear/moose spawn sites! Or just in deer populated areas only.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:01 PM, Leeanda said:

The simple answer is only have them away from bear/moose spawn sites! Or just in deer populated areas only.

I agree with Leeanda. If it will be only one good path to survive in case you meet angry beast at this location)

On 10/31/2021 at 9:42 AM, ChillPlayer said:

Maybe they should implement bears being able to climb trees. I mean, hey, that is actually real life. Shooting bears from on top of a fallen tree and watching them helplessly running around it trying to get to you is really sad. Bears should at least be able to climb onto those trees.

26 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Maybe they should implement bears being able to climb trees. I mean, hey, that is actually real life. Shooting bears from on top of a fallen tree and watching them helplessly running around it trying to get to you is really sad. Bears should at least be able to climb onto those trees.

You make a great point about bears being able to climb trees.  but since the player isn't actually climbing up a tree so much as walking up on a deadfall tree, I think you are right that the bear should be able to bound right up your tree perch  to have you for lunch!  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

You make a great point about bears being able to climb trees.  but since the player isn't actually climbing up a tree so much as walking up on a deadfall tree, I think you are right that the bear should be able to bound right up your tree perch  to have you for lunch!  

Who's side are you on?😁

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Who's side are you on?😁

hmmm, I am equal opportunity survivor.  Sometimes the player wins, sometimes the bear wins!

reminds me of a joke my grandfather used to tell...  apologies in advance if any one is offended...

A man was visiting Spain and passed by a restaurant in Madrid after a bullfight. They were advertising that they served the balls of the bull who lost the bullfight.       

Intrigued, the man went inside, only to find that there was a six-week waiting list to get to eat the loser’s balls. So he signed up and came back six weeks later.

When he got his meal, there were two teeny, teeny balls on his plate. He called the waiter over to complain.

“I’ve waited six weeks for bull balls. What are these?”

“Sir,” the waiter said, “sometimes the bull wins.”

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

hmmm, I am equal opportunity survivor.  Sometimes the player wins, sometimes the bear wins!

reminds me of a joke my grandfather used to tell...  apologies in advance if any one is offended...

A man was visiting Spain and passed by a restaurant in Madrid after a bullfight. They were advertising that they served the balls of the bull who lost the bullfight.       

Intrigued, the man went inside, only to find that there was a six-week waiting list to get to eat the loser’s balls. So he signed up and came back six weeks later.

When he got his meal, there were two teeny, teeny balls on his plate. He called the waiter over to complain.

“I’ve waited six weeks for bull balls. What are these?”

“Sir,” the waiter said, “sometimes the bull wins.”

😂😂😂 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...