EP4 - best episode, worst ending

ChillPlayer

I deeply enjoyed EP4, it is hands down the best episode so far. Nothing feels arbitrary, the story and the "surviving" part go smoothly hand in hand and thank the wolves there were no "collect 50kg of wood" quests. I also liked the ridles like the steam pipes and getting into the Forest Talker cache very much.

But I didn't like the last part where you need to escape the prison into the steam tunnels. I died more often here than in all previous chapters combined. The time  to get through the smoke is really short and almost guarantees at least one death but my main issue is that there was no clue that you need to get into the small shack in the courtyard to reach the steam tunnels. I tried to get into the next section of the yard but the spotlight catched me immediately, even when it was pointing in a completely different direction and peng, dead.

Sadly I had to google how to get out of there, I thought I had to escape via the main entrance (and hopefully gather my stuff I had waiting there for me) but it didn't cross my mind to try to open the door. Some "survivor" musings like "ah there is the entrance" or something would've been really helpful.

But that's my only critique and EP4 shows how well TLD can work as a story with all "sandbox" gameplay naturaly interwoven. I am already looking forward to EP5, can't wait to see what hinterland will gift us next time ;)