Interloper goals

Bear bait

After playing Interloper and gaining the backpack from Ash canyon, crafting a bow and arrows plus crafting and finding the best clothing and gear I can. I find myself bored with the game and tend to stop playing. I would like to see some rare items placed strategically in the regions. Like the red thermal underwear in the  cave by the broken bridge at Desolation point. The expedition parka at the plane crash site on Timber wolf mountain. Good gloves or boots at Broken railway. So on, you get the idea.

Or add a rifle to the radio station at bleak inlet but have the cleaning kit in the cannery or in the ranger station in Coastal highway. It makes it a tough choice, do you take the extra weight and try to make it to clean and use? Plus you'd have to craft ammo too. It would make every shot a careful consideration. I'd like to see a sight available too or binoculars, Thermos would be good too. 

It's one of my favourite games and I'd love to see any of these changes included, even just one. It seems a small change that could add a lot of extra challenge and better gameplay experience.  

• Upvote 1

Just don't do what I do!  Run everywhere,loot nearly everything then kill everything else! 😁  

Take your time,set a goal for the day then just sit down and enjoy the beautiful scenery!  Until some great lumbering animal gets in your way and you have to chase it down !. 

I agree that it would be nice to have a purpose for visiting all regions. For instance, I have yet to find a reason to visit Bleak Inlet on Interloper. I think it's a beautiful region, but it's just not worth the risk. Same goes for Hushed River Valley.

Maybe make the magnifying glass more rare? Or maybe have Interloper spawn one red thermal underwear, or one very warm sweater. And maybe lower the temperature in Interloper slightly to compensate.

Edited by WillemD

I do agree with the wish for more long term goals or incentives to visit the remote regions. Ash Canyon is a loper-tourist hot spot only for the crampons and backpack.
For ease of life, the Quonset garage with a regular cabin-fever-trip to a fishing hut is keeping me alive quite well.

I just started to do the Steam achievements in my loper run, that keeps me occupied for now. But I would love a reason to risk a trip to Bleak Inlet (maybe limit beachcombing to this location or make the crampons repairable in the cannery?) or Hushed River (place most of the maple and birch trees here?) and even Broken Railroad (limit the heavy hammer repair to the workshop there?).

30 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

I do agree with the wish for more long term goals or incentives to visit the remote regions. Ash Canyon is a loper-tourist hot spot only for the crampons and backpack.

Once you make it to AC you can practically stay at Miner's Folly's forever :D

I'm against arbitrary loot incentives and certainly against guns in Interloper. If you need the game to provide you with a reason to go to all places, set yourself the goal to find all polaroids, notes, cairns and buffer memories and survey all locations. Until you've checked all these boxes you cannot claim to have finished the game in my book. And when you've done that, you've most likely picked up all loot that is available anyway, save for respawning ressources.

I think every region has a reason for visiting. We can all agree that ML, PV, TWM, AC, FM, MT, and DP all have good reasons to visit for (Good loot and forges), but I think HRV and BI are worth visiting as well. BR however, I think is pretty pointless. The forge is fairly easy to get to though (just follow the train tracks) besides the wolves at the Maintenance Shed. 

HRV: Tons of cattails, mushrooms, and rosehips. Sticks and other sources of fuel are also abundant. If you have a bedroll, you can live there for a while without too much trouble. I don't know if the satchel spawns in Interloper though; haven't experimented with that yet. 

BI: The milling machine. Beachcomb metal + repair tools at milling machine = tools forever. Might be worth it for the long-term players. Also several moose spawns close together (I think possibly 3. I've seen 2 at once on Voyager.) 

6 hours ago, Pencil said:

HRV: Tons of cattails, mushrooms, and rosehips. Sticks and other sources of fuel are also abundant. If you have a bedroll, you can live there for a while without too much trouble. I don't know if the satchel spawns in Interloper though; haven't experimented with that yet. 

BI: The milling machine. Beachcomb metal + repair tools at milling machine = tools forever. Might be worth it for the long-term players. Also several moose spawns close together (I think possibly 3. I've seen 2 at once on Voyager.) 

HRV doesn't spawn a satchel in Interloper, nor is there any loot that's really worth it. Maybe the mushrooms and rosehips, but it will be a very long time before you actually need these.

As for the milling machine, Interloper has no Knife or Hatchet, only improvised tools. I think it makes more sense to simply make a new Improvised Hatchet/Knife instead of repairing old ones.

TWM summit at least has 9 extra flares, which I find essential for survival.

8 hours ago, WillemD said:

HRV doesn't spawn a satchel in Interloper, nor is there any loot that's really worth it. Maybe the mushrooms and rosehips, but it will be a very long time before you actually need these.

Cattails themselves are a great reason to go there. It also helps that there are lots of deer carcasses there. 

8 hours ago, WillemD said:

As for the milling machine, Interloper has no Knife or Hatchet, only improvised tools. I think it makes more sense to simply make a new Improvised Hatchet/Knife instead of repairing old ones.

Using the forge requires gathering fuel as well and repairing the hammer. Honestly, doing so is not hard at all, but using the milling machine uses less resources. Basically, it depends on the survivor and what they prefer doing. If noise makers are added to Interloper, I think Bleak Inlet might be worth a shot for me. 

You can do very easy on loper without the additional risks to go to BR, HRV or BI. That is sad, as for me there is no motivation to go to BI or BR.
BI has severe weather too. 
As said before, I can live through more days on loper after day 100 or 500, but it makes no sense. There is no new challenge at the moment.

11 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

There is no new challenge at the moment.

Sitting around in a comfy cave once you've made it to day 100 is no challenge, true. So challenge yourself to leave the place and find all polaroids and map every region, this will be a true test of your loper skills ;)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

It is a challenge but it feels artificial still.

Have you played story mode? Mackenzie is looking for Astrid all over the place - and this is you now, and the only trail of her you can find are some Polaroids she took, scattered around Great Bear. Go find them, and find her before the wolves catch you!