Make Pelts more useful

whirls

Why can't we make leather out of pelts? Or craft all kind of clothing throughout any pelt? Like a wolf pelt hat? I would appreciate it alot, because depending on the gameplay, people won't get any kind of pelt. The quality and weight of cloth could depend on the pelt you are using.

I've always thought we could have more choice of clothes from hides! After you've made the satchel and coat there's nothing left to do with moose hide. Same with all really except fixing what's already been made! Seems like a waste of large amounts of hide.

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I've always thought we could have more choice of clothes from hides! After you've made the satchel and coat there's nothing left to do with moose hide. Same with all really except fixing what's already been made! Seems like a waste of large amounts of hide.

Yes, in my case I have now around 20 wolf pelts and can't do anything with them, because my wolf jacket never really get destroyed by struggles. Struggles hurt most times the head and hand cloths. So my rabbit skins can go away, but not the wolf skin ....

1 minute ago, whirls said:

Yes, in my case I have now around 20 wolf pelts and can't do anything with them, because my wolf jacket never really get destroyed by struggles. Struggles hurt most times the head and hand cloths. So my rabbit skins can go away, but not the wolf skin ....

I suppose most people would say just harvest the meat and leave the rest because it delays respawning times! But personally I prefer to quarter everything except the bear! But once you've quartered them you can't really leave hides laying out in the snow!  So there has to be an alternative answer!

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I suppose most people would say just harvest the meat

I thought also about it, but wolves are quite expensive. They cost a bullet or alot of pain. Therefore I like to get at least everything out of them.

Btw If Hinterland introduces wolf clothes for all body parts, wearing all of them would increase even more the fear of the wolves from you and there would be again a balance to not need to try avoiding them so often. Currently the Wolf Skin Jacket doesn't scare so much actually.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, whirls said:

I thought also about it, but wolves are quite expensive. They cost a bullet or alot of pain. Therefore I like to get at least everything out of them.

Btw If Hinterland introduces wolf clothes for all body parts, wearing all of them would increase even more the fear of the wolves from you and there would be again a balance to not need to try avoiding them so often. Currently the Wolf Skin Jacket doesn't scare so much actually.

If you're struggling with wolves I'd suggest watching Zaknafeins tutorial . It's very good for anyone on any difficulty level.  

But I do agree,wolves do seem to be the most costly in terms of ammo and clothes damage!

11 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I believe the biggest constraint to this is simply having the HL resources to accomplish this.  They have a small team and have to prioritize their work, and I'm sure they're anxious to get ep5 done to they can move on to other work!

That's the same problem with most things  people want but it could be added as a DLC at a later date.

They need to make something differentiated out of Timberwolf pelts. You would expect more than just a regular wolf coat. 
  But I would like it to have something other than warmth. Maybe allows more camouflage to be less detectable by animals or something. I don’t use wolf coats- total waste of time. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

So what I learned from my misery with killing wolves: Don't kill wolves. Use flares, torches, camp fire, run away etc.. Its just too expensive

A match is cheaper than a bullet, which lastly you can use for killing bears, deers and moose.

1 minute ago, whirls said:

So what I learned from my misery with killing wolves: Don't kill wolves. Use flares, torches, camp fire, run away etc.. Its just too expensive

A match is cheaper than a bullet, which lastly you can use for killing bears, deers and moose.

You still have the bow and arrows which are cheaper alternatives ,you really only need guts but you can get them from rabbits without wasting precious resources.