Smuggled my items into the final scene of Episode 4

Satouthedeusmusco

I know it's probably unintentional. But it's pretty easy to smuggle items into the final scene of Episode 4 by leaving them near the crafting bench in Black Rock. I easily took my fancy clothes, bow, rifle, and revolver with me.

Sadly this has no impact on the ending which is a little disappointing though understandable. But it did leave me reminding myself that Mackenzie literally has two guns on him during the fight with Mathis. He could have just given Jace one of them and they could have both shot the whole gang dead and ended all the conflict right there.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

Yeah I made the mistake of storing my items in a car trunk just across the eternal fire at the entrance.  I also didn’t figure out the frisking criteria until later so most of my good clothes kept getting confiscated through the game. When I finally got “smart” before finale scene and stripped down to my underwear before getting frisked I had no idea the inner yard would be locked down. So I had to finish the game heading to see jace in nothing but my underwear- not even a torch and match. 

Bandages are good to stash -- I left a few at the bottom of the steam tunnel stairway (on the advice of someone who had played that part before me) -- I also searched around the warden's office and found items to make 2 extra bandages

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

yeah, I stored mine in the tool box by the crafting bench and after dodging the search lights, took my sweet time getting dressed and re-equipping myself.  
I was fairly disappointed after having bolted thru the steam tunnels and then battling Mathis that it didn't matter in the least when I had to watch Jace sit there and basically freeze to death.  I was carrying tinder, sticks,  a few pieces of coal and a couple of bottles of accelerant.  

arggghhh....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, turtle777 said:

I don't understand why some still try to end a Wintermute Episode with a fully loaded character. It doesn't matter. You will start from scratch in Ep. 5.

-t

lol, how right you are!  
but until you get to the end,  you don't know the story is actually over.  Didn't Jace say there was an observatory or something, maybe just maybe 
I was going to have to save us both.  So much easier to do when you are wearing more than a pair of tattered socks and a worn tee-shirt...

• Upvote 3

On 10/22/2021 at 6:37 AM, turtle777 said:

I don't understand why some still try to end a Wintermute Episode with a fully loaded character. It doesn't matter. You will start from scratch in Ep. 5.

-t

IDK about ending it that way, but I got to a certain point in the story then stopped the missions & just explored/survived for quite a while, using the prison grounds as a base. So there's that angle.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 7:50 PM, twyn1 said:

Bandages are good to stash -- I left a few at the bottom of the steam tunnel stairway (on the advice of someone who had played that part before me) -- I also searched around the warden's office and found items to make 2 extra bandages

... also a fully fueled lantern would be useful.

Edited by ProsPex