Episode 2 - Lake Gunshots - Carter locked after giving supplies?

past caring

What it says on the tin.

I've played very little Wintermute, I'm very largely a Survival Mode player, but I thought with the release of Episode 4 I'd give story mode a shot......

Anyway, an oddity - I start off the day inside Carter, I've already got the Forester Talker notes and supplies, so I head to the Lake Cabin and chat to the guy and leave the stuff outside the door. On returning to Carter, the gate to the compound is 'locked' - is this right? I put locked in inverted commas because I don't get the usual graphic that appears with a locked door for which you need the key - I just get nothing, like you get with a door in the game that isn't ever meant to open.

Is this intended?

ETA - don't worry, it was obviously some kind of glitch. Just reloaded (thankfully that's possible, unlike Survival Mode) and this time I could get in. Mods - feel free to remove.

Edited by past caring
"Solved"

11 hours ago, past caring said:

What it says on the tin.

I've played very little Wintermute, I'm very largely a Survival Mode player, but I thought with the release of Episode 4 I'd give story mode a shot......

Anyway, an oddity - I start off the day inside Carter, I've already got the Forester Talker notes and supplies, so I head to the Lake Cabin and chat to the guy and leave the stuff outside the door. On returning to Carter, the gate to the compound is 'locked' - is this right? I put locked in inverted commas because I don't get the usual graphic that appears with a locked door for which you need the key - I just get nothing, like you get with a door in the game that isn't ever meant to open.

Is this intended?

ETA - don't worry, it was obviously some kind of glitch. Just reloaded (thankfully that's possible, unlike Survival Mode) and this time I could get in. Mods - feel free to remove.

Glad it's resolved, don't hesitate to reach out if you have further issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us