Placing objects is improved

Sito

21 minutes ago, Sito said:

I just noticed that you can place objects closer to each other now.

I have my Quonset Garage stash of loot much more esthetically displayed now :) 

I'm not sure the dev team made any actual changes.  I think it just seems that way. 
Most of the time, for me at least, the placement mechanic won't allow for close placement of items.  Try as I might, energy bars for example 
tend to not place easily for me without having a noticeable space between bars.  Later on however, after I have saved and exited the game, I come back 
and am able to reposition the bars practically next to each other.  same goes for canned goods.  I typically don't have any issues placing bags of chips or
beef jerky closely together.   

If there is one thing that I'd really like to see fixed or improved, would be the ability to stack items and put things on the top shelf.  
Since you're making your base in the Quonset Garage, you'll know what I'm talking about.  All those shelves and no way to display!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Even Dark said:

it works all the time. the trick is place then reload and then you can place them near togehter. 

vorschau.jpg

wow, that is some fuel supply you got there!

yeah, items like jerry cans, lamp fuel oil bottles and accelerants always tend to allow me to place them very closely together on the first try.  
I'd just like to see some vertical stacking in the future.  Imagine being able to stack wood into a pile or placing cans of peaches on top of each other.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Imagine being able to stack wood into a pile or placing cans of peaches on top of each other.

Or we could build a can tower and open a stone-throwing booth. I would charge 10 cattails for 6 stones to throw, 5 cattails, if the stones are provided.

• Like 1

I have noticed that the placing of a rifle from the radial menu has been chanced in that the rotation of the rifle is now horizontal (I think the term is yaw) where before it was rotation around the axis (roll).  Makes it much easier to place a rifle though I will miss being able to place the rifle with the bolt handle facing up - looks more natural to me. 

The placement of the bow seems to have been changed similarly.  Before the bow in placement from radial menu would be sticking straight out and putting it on a table would be a sometimes impossible task as one couldn't get to the side of the surface so the bow would be "properly" oriented.  Now the bow rotates (yaw) and so place  was much easier.

I don't recall having the same issue with the revolver but it can be placed similarly to the rifle. 

2 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I have noticed that the placing of a rifle from the radial menu has been chanced in that the rotation of the rifle is now horizontal (I think the term is yaw) where before it was rotation around the axis (roll).  Makes it much easier to place a rifle though I will miss being able to place the rifle with the bolt handle facing up - looks more natural to me. 

The placement of the bow seems to have been changed similarly.  Before the bow in placement from radial menu would be sticking straight out and putting it on a table would be a sometimes impossible task as one couldn't get to the side of the surface so the bow would be "properly" oriented.  Now the bow rotates (yaw) and so place  was much easier.

I don't recall having the same issue with the revolver but it can be placed similarly to the rifle. 

yeah, I've noticed that too.  It seems to be a lot more difficult now to place the rifle in a leaning position and I've given up on being able to "prop" up the bow in a corner as I used to be able to do.  Maybe @Sitois right that adjustment have been made to the object placement system.  Too bad, though as it still doesn't seem to be much of an improvement if they did.  It's only marginally better in that case then, making me wish they hadn't touched it all if they did.

• Upvote 2

Placing from the radial menu also can be problematic when one tries to adjust the item clockwise or counter-clockwise where each "increment" seems greater than it should be.  There was also a minor issue with how close one can get to another object.  I found that putting the item on the snow/floor/etc. then trying to place it from there seemed to ease some of the difficulty in aligning the object or how close it could get to another object. 

Now if the game would not tell me that placing a salmon on a snowy incline was an invalid place to put a comparatively flat object onto a nominally slanted but flat surface.  Irregularities in the surface, like a blanket, can also get in the way.  If that is a problem let me smooth out the blanket on the bed! :(

• Upvote 1