First loper run

Corso

General tip for moving around when it's cold: drink a hot tea. That buys you some extra time. It's not something you always need to do, but it helps and ingredients for teas are plentiful. It's especially useful on long trips.

i could't stay warm enough even in the back of a cave? 

The temperature changes throughout the day and night. It's coldest in the early morning and warmest in the late afternoon. Then the temperature drops again and gets colder deeper into the night. Sleep in two hours increments and take a look at the temperature (the one in your bedroll). When you can no longer keep warm you can make a fire. But you usually only need a short one that way, so that saves a lot of fuel.

The temperature up and downs are also relevant for traveling. As already said above don't set out for long trips in the early morning thinking that you need to make most use of the daylight. Instead do something else and travel later when it's warmer. Especially early on with deer clothing you can get as good as one arrow down only in the warmer regions. On a few days even barely warm if you're lucky. 

forlorn, mystery lake or even where I ended up Broken railroad only got me a couple of items 

BR probably isn't worth it early on. PV, ML, CH and MT generally give a good amount of loot. And the latter three have plenty of shelter where you can warm up.

As said most clothing items are random. Sometimes you get lucky and find a lot of thermal underwear and thin wool sweaters (though some of the those are fixed). In another game you are still looking for your second pair of underpants after hundreds of days. 

For crafted clothing the bunny gear is also a good investment. Easy to get, doesn't take long to make and provides a lot of warmth for that.

Edited by Serenity

loper run 6 is fairing better - I'm in costal highway

I've a knife saw heavy hammer and enough arrow head to make robin hood proud

just need to cure the branches and I'll be ready to start hunting - just need to remember which house I left them in :D

Think I'll head over to Mystery lake but spend some time in Ravine first - burchbark tea did me proud the last long run and there are zero predators

3 hours ago, WillemD said:

If you plan on eating Wolf/Bear meat, be sure to harvest all Reshi Mustooms whenever possible. Getting Intestinal Parasites on Interloper is no joke. :)

I tend to avoid wolf and Bear meat unless I get desperate only had risk of Intestinal Parasites so far, it I get them at the point I need to think about eating wolf meat I think it would be game over

cattails and burchbark for the win

Had a bit of a revelation over the last few days

I'm playing Loper like I did stalker and wondering why i keep running into trouble - realising its not a race has made a big difference in how I'm doing, don't get me wrong I could still fall on my face as any moment but I feel like I'm progressing faster by slowing down

Warmer hours travel is key and hot drinks and warming fires let you cover great distances. I learned to play loper by aiming to summit TWM by day 10. But that's about moving fast when weather and temps allow. Don't travel tired either, you go slower which means you lose more heat and get less done for the effort. Once you get the hang of moving, making a sheltered fire and having a sleep you can travel in almost any weather.

• Like 1

They really can ruin your day which is bad early on as it's usually a vital food finding day. I hope the weather improves. I think the community believe PV has the most blizzards.

As you shard yours; my loper revelation was that if you have a hot  fire, food, a pot and a bedroll, you survive. Everything else is a bonus. (Map knowledge being the biggest bonus of all).

I think it was mentioned somewhere in Ep 3 that Pleasant Valley was not so pleasant... I also seem to get hit by a lot there by blizzards. Bleak Inlet too, probably because it's always windy there. I would recommend not travelling long distances in Pleasant Valley on Interloper if it is windy or heavy snow fall, as a blizzard could form in a matter of seconds. It's also easy to get lost out there since some of the terrain is open fields.