Echoes?

Leeanda

1 minute ago, Pınar51-06 said:

I dont know it is a bug or not but sometimes ı heard echos or weird sounds like short little screams in camp office, hunting lodge in BR or community hall like you. Maybe HL wants us to feel that we are not alone in this world.

I've heard weird noises and voice like sounds in the mines which is very creepy ,but these are definitely loud echoes ! 

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I've heard weird noises and voice like sounds in the mines which is very creepy ,but these are definitely loud echoes ! 

I guess ıt is bigger than ı heard in some buildings and ıt sounds creepy. I wish ıt is a bug because there is already enough creepy and horrifying sounds in game. I usually jump out of my chair when ı heard a wolf barking.

Just now, Pınar51-06 said:

I guess ıt is bigger than ı heard in some buildings and ıt sounds creepy. I wish ıt is a bug because there is already enough creepy and horrifying sounds in game. I usually jump out of my chair when ı heard a wolf barking.

I don't mind the ordinary wolves,it's the timberwolves noise I hate! When sleeping in the back room at the cannery  during the aurora is a nightmare! They just constantly yap all night it drives me crazy! Not creepy though!

What I find creepy is when you're walking through heavily wooded areas when it's really windy! Some of the noises are terrifying!🙂

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Yeah like the noise of limbs or branches falling in the high winds.

Sounds more like a bear tearing through the brush to charge you. Even though I know its limbs and sticks falling I always look around in a panic  just to be sure.

It's better to be safe than get a random mauling!🙂

Edited by Leeanda

On 10/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, Leeanda said:

I don't mind the ordinary wolves,it's the timberwolves noise I hate! When sleeping in the back room at the cannery  during the aurora is a nightmare! They just constantly yap all night it drives me crazy! Not creepy though!

What I find creepy is when you're walking through heavily wooded areas when it's really windy! Some of the noises are terrifying!🙂

The absolute scariest sound in the game I find is when you get a new badge. Was playing Interloper (I usually play Stalker), running around with only a flare and stones for protection, when I got the running badge. My goodness, that sound out of nowhere almost gave me a heart attack! 

Just now, Ruined Cat Tail Stalk said:

The absolute scariest sound in the game I find is when you get a new badge. Was playing Interloper (I usually play Stalker), running around with only a flare and stones for protection, when I got the running badge. My goodness, that sound out of nowhere almost gave me a heart attack! 

I forgot about that! Now I remember it kind of made me jump !🙂

1 hour ago, Ruined Cat Tail Stalk said:

The absolute scariest sound in the game I find is when you get a new badge... My goodness, that sound out of nowhere almost gave me a heart attack! 

^ Can relate lol

On 10/25/2021 at 9:15 AM, sierra 117 said:

Yeah like the noise of limbs or branches falling in the high winds.

Sounds more like a bear tearing through the brush to charge you. Even though I know its limbs and sticks falling I always look around in a panic  just to be sure.

Can't stand that sound either lol. 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, Leeanda said:

Have the larger buildings like the community hall alway had an echo? I've just noticed it so is it a new bug or am I just noticing it now after 2 years?

I've heard new echoes after this last update too, though some of them in places they should not be. I get random echo sounds while outside in Hushed River Valley. 

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I forgot about that! Now I remember it kind of made me jump !🙂

Yeah it's so loud and unexpected! On the other hand, I think one of the most satisfying sounds in the game is the skill level up sound. That little wait after you've completed a skill book or made a succesfull repair, and then that sweet wind/whistle sound. So good. 

22 minutes ago, Pencil said:

^ Can relate lol

Can't stand that sound either lol. 

I've heard new echoes after this last update too, though some of them in places they should not be. I get random echo sounds while outside in Hushed River Valley. 

I haven't heard any outside  that I can remember.  But using containers or chests seems quite loud. Also noticed today the door inside the dam sounds different and also kind of echoey

2 minutes ago, Ruined Cat Tail Stalk said:

Yeah it's so loud and unexpected! On the other hand, I think one of the most satisfying sounds in the game is the skill level up sound. That little wait after you've completed a skill book or made a succesfull repair, and then that sweet wind/whistle sound. So good. 

Got lucky and had a few of them today. Unfortunately not for very high levels cos I'm on a newish run. Still good though especially cooking !☺

1 hour ago, Ruined Cat Tail Stalk said:

Actually that one also scares me sometimes lol

Edited by Pencil
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pencil said:

I heard echoes in one of the caves in PV this morning.. very loud. This is the first echo I've heard "outside".

11 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I heard echoes in one of the caves in PV this morning.. very loud. This is the first echo I've heard "outside".

I heard the echoes outside and away from caves, in the middle of nowhere. 

I did hear echoes yesterday in Winding River while outside. It was the passage a little ways before the cave, so I wonder if that was intended since there is a wall of rock on both sides of you. 

5 minutes ago, Pencil said:

I heard the echoes outside and away from caves, in the middle of nowhere. 

I did hear echoes yesterday in Winding River while outside. It was the passage a little ways before the cave, so I wonder if that was intended since there is a wall of rock on both sides of you. 

I get the feeling it's more a bug than intended! They don't seem to be in all places you'd expect echoes to be.