Episode Four - Technical Issues & Support

Admin

Steamheader.thumb.png.5c168fd1debc82cb82ec4d34568a0726.png

Hi Survivors,

Thank you for your patience as we work on some bugs following the Episode Four launch. We’re working on a Dev Diary for early next week, which will provide more information on upcoming releases including a planned Hotfix, Survival Mode updates, and more. 

In the meantime, please find a list of some of the issues we are currently working on, along with a few helpful tips to improve your experience.  

Windows 7 Black Screen Issue
Some players are experiencing an issue with a black screen on Windows 7. Please visit our support portal for a temporary workaround: bit.ly/3vr8m8p

Mac Graphics Rendering Issue

Some players are experiencing rendering issues while playing on Mac. This may mean images may load incorrectly. 

Forcing OpenGL may remedy this issue temporarily while we work to resolve the underlying cause. Please visit our support portal for more info: bit.ly/2YPakTA 

IzDoz119TlsEI2nx3i2RzIaBFXGo4hVKsrMMO9YRMQ30u8sDZkOVr46Kb5GaZPh25u-kV8apPUevM5y4LSPhjEoFbON-Z0yOqjw8ooEF0sdi65oFdD9luhb3przACkeXSdpYlBtR=s0

Mac Terrain Rendering Issue

A subset of players on Mac PCs may also find that some terrain elements are not rendering in. We have identified the problem and committed a fix to our next update which will fix the problem.

ef22e5f4-c552-4797-a89f-621bab96705c.thumb.jpg.2f2eb09038191f1f8b9308505fabdc6b.jpg

PS4 Crashing Issue
Occasionally, players are experiencing crashes on PS4 when transitioning from the disclaimer on launch (with the error code CE-34878-0). We are working on this issue.  

PS4 Trophies 
We have received reports that trophies aren’t appearing on PS4. We are also working to remedy this as quickly as possible. 

***SPOILERS*** Episode Four -- Steam Tunnels Control Room Door

Some players have reported that they are unable to open the Control Room door after the ice has been thawed while solving the Steam Pipe puzzle. Gameplay logic should prevent it from being possible for the ice to be thawed while the door remains locked, and we are working on fixing this issue. In the meantime, the puzzle can still be solved if all levers are in their correct places. Please retrace your steps and ensure that all pressure gauges running to the control room door vent are at maximum pressure. If that doesn't help, you can also try reloading from an earlier save. 

We are working on a more permanent fix for this.

Thank You
Please note that this is not an extensive list, and we appreciate your patience as we work to improve your gameplay experience. 

If you're experiencing other issues after updating to Episode Four, please send a note to our Support portal and someone will get back to you ASAP. Launches are high-volume, so please be patient! http://hinterlandgames.com/support

Thank you for playing Episode Four, and please keep an eye out for next week’s Dev Diary for more helpful info! 

- The Hinterland Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I have noticed that when we pick up coal in survival mode Blackrock map that it doesn't always place it in the inventory. Also had the game freeze when trying to use the elevator in the mine. But otherwise we are really enjoying the new map! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that when entering the gatehouse/prison entrance you get a loading animation but it doesn't automatically save like it does in all other locations with a loading animation.

And using the stove in the gatehouse, when trying to add more fuel it takes two button presses as the first button press changes your fuel selection when it should just add the fuel.

Playing on PS4, Stalker, Survival Mode.

8 hours ago, Levelgrinder said:

Just noticed that when entering the gatehouse/prison entrance you get a loading animation but it doesn't automatically save like it does in all other locations with a loading animation.

And using the stove in the gatehouse, when trying to add more fuel it takes two button presses as the first button press changes your fuel selection when it should just add the fuel.

Playing on PS4, Stalker, Survival Mode.

I've noticed the fuel problem too. Thought it was my controller. I'm on Xbox s.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, ArCorvus said:

I have already made a ticket with issue.

When I'm entering a trailer for the quest LOST POWER WORKERS, locate worker two the game crashes (hangs). Details you can find on reddit here

Thank you for sharing, and for filing a ticket. This is an issue we are aware of and working on, and we will provide an update as soon as one is available. We appreciate your patience! 

• 10 months later...