Where is Blackrock? (Spoilers)

peteloud

I always thought Blackrock is in east of the map, above Coastal Highway and right of Pleasant Valley but now ı guess ı was wrong. Lots of people say Blackrock is north of mountain town. But we saw astrid went to Perseverance Mills by sailing and ı am curious how will Mckenzie go to coastal regions in just one final episode.It looks far far away. 
There was a theory in forums that Hushed river and Ash canyon is actually close to each other maybe blackrock and perseverance mills are close too (a secret pass or mine or cave system)

Anyway ı am looking forward for Blackrock in survival mode finally we will see its connection zones. 

1 hour ago, Istvan82 said:

Pretty sure it's east of HRV, northeast of Milton and north of Mystery Lake. The map has a black peak right there and the Blocked Bridge has a sign that it leads to Milton.

EswypKZXcAILsxN.jpg

I think your dead on right in your suggestion that BlackRock is connected to HRV and Mountain Town.  The shading of the rock in the new area is very suggestive of HRV as is some of the latent topography and the semi blocking the bridge does have a sign that appears to be pointing to Mountain Town.  
Supposing you are right, where do you think Hinterland will place the new region's access points?  Perhaps the only way in or out will be thru an ice cave system as it does appear all the major bridges in the area have been subsequently destroyed by earthquakes or blocked by landslides.   Either way, it looks like there is still a large part of GBI that we haven't seen yet and I really hope that by the time Episode 5 is finally delivered, we will have an entire island to play on!

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pınar51-06 said:

... But we saw astrid went to Perseverance Mills by sailing...

actually she didn't sail... she drifted with the currents and we don't actually know from where on the island that she launched.  You can't assume that she launched from somewhere on the Coastal Highway, but I understand that you might have that impression given the fact that her part of the story abruptly ends when she exits the coal mine.  You've already seen the huge jump in locations considering that when Will comes to, he's very very far removed from the lower level of the dam.  
Maybe Winding River is the connection between regions that we've been speculating on.  Seems pretty plausible now, all things considered?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Seems pretty plausible now, all things considered?

Actually yes. I loved episode 4 but that Astrid scene, not knowing how she came PM and how located BP in GBI make me think of that. I guess ı will think about more wisely after survival mode update and episode 5 launch.

Thanks for lightening me ı am just a new curious pilgrim/voyageur player😬

• Like 1

I would also opt for Blackrock being situated north of PV. Possible footmarch from the dam, carrying Will as a hostage.
Perseverance Mills I do locate just north of Desolation Point. As Astrid arrived drifting over a large body of water, I would think it is a coastal town.

This leaves Will to cross PV, CH, DP in the last chapter. And this would be a great run. Maybe we also play the part of Astrid before her ending in the canoe too.
Imagine us to being able to create supply cashes for Will on her way.

• Admin changed the title to Where is Blackrock? (Spoilers)

Let's not forget that Will met Mathis first at the dam. Blackrock can't be too far off.

In theory, Blackrock could be east of PV. The blocked road from Milton (with the prison bus in front) could lead through an unknown region east of MT and north of ML to PV, and then from PV to Blackrock. But this would create other issues (like how did Will / Mathis get passed Astrid, who was stranded in PV.)

So, yeah, I always suspected Blackrock to be east of MT, north of ML, and west of PV. Makes most sense.

-t

On 10/12/2021 at 11:49 PM, Pınar51-06 said:

I was talking about last scene but now ı guess ı did not choose the right words sorry for my english (ıt’s not my native language)

On 10/12/2021 at 11:56 PM, Pınar51-06 said:

Actually yes. I loved episode 4 but that Astrid scene, not knowing how she came PM and how located BP in GBI make me think of that. I guess ı will think about more wisely after survival mode update and episode 5 launch.

Thanks for lightening me ı am just a new curious pilgrim/voyageur player😬

No worries, mate!
your command of English is very good, indeed!
I am envious of your multilingual abilities.  Otherwise I would have to rely on Google Translate...  and you probably know how inaccurate that can be at times.

btw, don't ever apologize for being new, curious or for the difficulty of the level of your gameplay.  It's your game, play how you want to play!   
Game On!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:25 PM, peteloud said:

Spoilers

Has anyone worked out where Blackrock is in relation to the other regions?

Is there a list of the changes/updates to the ver. 1.95 Survival game?

I am intrigued by the top bit of the above quote.  I am sure that I did not include that bit "Spoilers", and those blank.  I only remember the two lines below that.  Did I have a glass on wine too many or have those extra lines been added by someone else ?

Similarly, my title did not include, "(Spoilers)".

Edited by peteloud

12 minutes ago, peteloud said:

I am intrigued by the top bit of the above quote.  I am sure that I did not include that bit "Spoilers", and those blank.  I only remember the two lines below that.  Did I have a glass on wine too many or have those extra lines been added by someone else ?

Yes admin put it in! And several others elsewhere I think!

32 minutes ago, peteloud said:

yeah, seems like they are now tagging anything that involves a post regarding Episode 4 with the "Spoiler" label. 

• Upvote 2

Personally I think that Blackrock is north of Pleasant Valley and connects to Ash Canyon. Why do I think that?

First let's start with the evidence that Blackrock is close to Ash Canyon. If you search around Blackrock, there's a note somewhere (don't remember where) that states that the rivers around Blackrock contain lots of gold (see "Building Blackrock, Part 3). Where else is there a lot of gold? Well, Ash Canyon has a goldmine. There is also a rope bridge in the north of the map crossing a narrow ravine, something that's very much like Ash Canyon. Finally, the official description of Ash Canyon says: "Its burnt forests and mining settlements also hint at a darker history". To me, this suggests that at one point, prisoners escaped the jail, and intentionally lit fire to Ash Canyon.

Now for the evidence that Blackrock connects to Pleasant Valley. There are signs pointing to Milton, which seems counterintuitive, but it is fairly clear that the tunnel behind the crashed prison bus once connected to Pleasant Valley, as that's how Astrid got there. Molly also refers to "the bad men" and one of the cons mentions in the intro to Episode 4 that one of his companions was shot -- almost certainly referring to the convict Molly shot at Signal Hill. There are convict caches in Pleasant Valley, too, and there's a dead guard -- so we know the convicts must have travelled through Pleasant Valley. Finally, we know that the Winding River connects to Pleasant Valley from Survival Mode, and that's where Will got captured by Mathis.

Anyways, there's my assessment.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Glflegolas said:

Personally I think that Blackrock is north of Pleasant Valley and connects to Ash Canyon. Why do I think that?

First let's start with the evidence that Blackrock is close to Ash Canyon. If you search around Blackrock, there's a note somewhere (don't remember where) that states that the rivers around Blackrock contain lots of gold (see "Building Blackrock, Part 3). Where else is there a lot of gold? Well, Ash Canyon has a goldmine. There is also a rope bridge in the north of the map crossing a narrow ravine, something that's very much like Ash Canyon. Finally, the official description of Ash Canyon says: "Its burnt forests and mining settlements also hint at a darker history". To me, this suggests that at one point, prisoners escaped the jail, and intentionally lit fire to Ash Canyon.

Now for the evidence that Blackrock connects to Pleasant Valley. There are signs pointing to Milton, which seems counterintuitive, but it is fairly clear that the tunnel behind the crashed prison bus once connected to Pleasant Valley, as that's how Astrid got there. Molly also refers to "the bad men" and one of the cons mentions in the intro to Episode 4 that one of his companions was shot -- almost certainly referring to the convict Molly shot at Signal Hill. There are convict caches in Pleasant Valley, too, and there's a dead guard -- so we know the convicts must have travelled through Pleasant Valley. Finally, we know that the Winding River connects to Pleasant Valley from Survival Mode, and that's where Will got captured by Mathis.

Anyways, there's my assessment.

Yeah, I'd like to see how all those roadways were once connected.  First off, where on the island is the dock located for either a ferry boat or prison transport ship?  Obviously they transported the prisoners by bus that were being sent to the prison.  The crashed bus in Milton carried the last of the prisoners being sent to BlackRock, at least that's what I came away with if I was following the story correctly.  There is sign pointing to "Milton" just before you find the overturned semi-trailer blocking the bridge, did that bridge and roadway lead to the  now collapsed tunnel where we find the crashed prison transport bus?  I'm inclined to think it does.

Considering your idea that Ash Canyon is in close proximity to BlackRock, then how do you explain that there are no roads or even any vehicles at all in Ash Canyon.  In fact, the only way in or out of Ash Canyon is thru Timberwolf Mountain and there don't seem to be any bridges or other ways into the area beside flying in.  How the miners got all that mining equipment, like ore carts and track into the area perplex me as well.  But it is possible that convicts were used to provide the labor pool that was needed to transport tools and materials. 

(imagine convicts in chain gangs singing)

🎶Ooh, aah, ooh, aah
Ooh, aah, ooh, aah

(Well, don't you know)
That's the sound of the men
Working on the chain gang🎶

I do agree that Winding River somehow does connect the areas together.  There has got to be another path, yet undiscovered that ties the areas together.  Based on @Istvan82map that he posted above, there seems to be an awful large bit of territory yet undiscovered.  So looking forward to seeing what we end up with once Survival mode is updated!

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

No worries, mate!
your command of English is very good, indeed!
I am envious of your multilingual abilities.  Otherwise I would have to rely on Google Translate...  and you probably know how inaccurate that can be at times.

btw, don't ever apologize for being new, curious or for the difficulty of the level of your gameplay.  It's your game, play how you want to play!   
Game On!!!

Thanks for your support👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peteloud said:

"Spoilers"

What is admin up to? 

There are hardly any references regarding gameply in any of the posts in this thread.  Contributors' views on how the regions inter-relate could hardly be called Spoilers.

There were several threads where spoiler wasn't added so I think they thought they had to step in!

LOL, spoilers are typically FACTS that get disclosed. There are not facts here, just speculation.

Also, who in their right mind sees that thread title, and expects anything different than the title ?

It's not like someone would walk in, read it and then go away disappointed because it "spoiled" something for them.

-t