No shadows in the fog/blizzard

Ghurcb

Shadows can be seen during the heavy fog and blizzard. Even when you can't see the sun. Even when you can't see the object casting the shadow.

This part is really immersion-breaking for me. I look up - terrible blizzard doesn't let me see the sky. I look down - a perfect sunny day (a little windy, maybe).

That's not how light works. I think, this issue can be fixed by linking the transparency of shadows to visibility of sun.

screen_761bc8d5-752d-41cd-83c2-7af6d68046cd_hi.png

screen_3823766b-d646-46c4-98cc-450fbb1923d4_hi.png

screen_da8436e0-dbf5-4394-a280-98d59fede0a2_hi.png

• Upvote 2

• Ghurcb changed the title to No shadows in the fog/blizzard

Now that I think about it, another way to fix this is to cast a shadow on the whole map. Like an invisible plain, and its shadow would become more or less visible based on the weather conditions.

Edited by Ghurcb

Dang never noticed it before. If the shadows do indeed point a direction it should be fixed because it allows a cheat. If the shadows are arbitrary though it is irrelevant. 
  Of course there will be idiots who will just say “it’s a game you can’t expect it to be realistic” but of course they don’t understand the relevance to the game mechanics. 
  Ignorance is bliss but for the intelligent people they will see your point- it’s a great observation. 

• Upvote 1

They do indeed point away from sun, but it's not much of an exploit. "Stick north" (which should also be fixed imo) is way easier to use.

The main problem I have with these shadows is that they break my immersion. I honestly WISH I could ignore it. And now everyone, who reads this post will forever be cursed by that knowledge.

Edited by Ghurcb

2 hours ago, Ghurcb said:

They do indeed point away from sun, but it's not much of an exploit. "Stick north" (which should also be fixed imo) is way easier to use.

The main problem I have with these shadows is that they break my immersion. I honestly WISH I could ignore it. And now everyone, who reads this post will forever be cursed by that knowledge.

I have to say I've never noticed them either. And I don't think they'll bother me ,I'm normally too busy looking for things to kill!🙂

On 10/12/2021 at 1:36 AM, Leeanda said:

I have to say I've never noticed them either. And I don't think they'll bother me ,I'm normally too busy looking for things to kill!🙂

Fair enough. Still, I'm sure many may find them a bit annoying.