Well that sucks died after almost 600 days on interloper

Phillips

ARGHHH!!!!

Was out mapping PV came around a corner and there was  bear.  Charged me immediately managed to put an arrow in his head then got mauled.

Stand up grab my bow off the ground and he is back on me again. Survive the second attack get up and sprint away till I run out of  stamina. Get a fire

going and bandages put on and the bear comes back and hits me for a third time. The other annoying part is my Journal didn't save 😞 and I was

getting close to being done with Cartoghrapher only a little bit of PV and then BI todo  ARGH!!!!

That’s better at least than losing him to a glitch, which is how I lost my 1000+ day interloper character. 
   I also commend you for not being a save scummer as well.  I am sick of people who excuse glitches to save scum. It’s amazing what they rationalize as a “glitch” lol.

I was recently trying for 1-year (game time) in ATDS. Was at 320 days and in AC at 80% health when I started to get near hypothermia risk and tried to mountain goat from the high plains west of climbers cave into the ravine to get to the nearest cave and fell to my death on what seemed would just sprain an ankle.  Not sure if glitch or not but I can accept that because I took a risk. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

16 hours ago, Phillips said:

ARGHHH!!!!

Was out mapping PV came around a corner and there was  bear.  Charged me immediately managed to put an arrow in his head then got mauled.

Stand up grab my bow off the ground and he is back on me again. Survive the second attack get up and sprint away till I run out of  stamina. Get a fire

going and bandages put on and the bear comes back and hits me for a third time. The other annoying part is my Journal didn't save 😞 and I was

getting close to being done with Cartoghrapher only a little bit of PV and then BI todo  ARGH!!!!

That's tragic, and I am so sorry.

If it makes you feel ANY better at all, the first time I played Story mode, I got up to the top of the plane crash area and walked into my own campfire. So at least you didn't die in a really really stupid way!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corso said:

That's a heck of a run - only just started out on the loper path myself, I think i'll aim for 100 days first

15 minutes ago, Corso said:

That's a heck of a run - only just started out on the loper path myself, I think i'll aim for 100 days first

If you go for 100 days you might had well go for 1000. Once you make it past 60 days you can literally live forever very easily. It’s far far far easier to live from 50 days to 2000 days than to live from 0 to 49 days.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 12:27 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I am sick of people who excuse glitches to save scum. It’s amazing what they rationalize as a “glitch” lol.

It's amazing how judgmental people can be about how other's choose to play the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

It's amazing how judgmental people can be about how other's choose to play the game.

and sad. Hopefully people like that can gain some self worth so they don't have to try to feel better by putting other people down constantly.

Edited by odizzido
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, odizzido said:

and sad. Hopefully people like that can gain some self worth so they don't have to try to feel better by putting other people down constantly.

Pretty sure the issue is too MUCH self worth. Which really is super sad. Imagine thinking you're better than someone because of how you play a video game lol.

• Upvote 1

@Phillips The death you describe, 600 days in on interloper, so close to completing Cartographer, must have been so disappointing. Seems like you did what you could to survive. Suppose there wasn't a stim handy either? I wouldn't bother about the journal, it seems to somehow self-delete over time anyhow hehe 😊What have you been up to since then, is there a new run going already? Are you going to go for Faithful again?

How about this topic stays on track? If you don't want a cat to bite, withdraw attention when it does.