Indie Game: The Movie

I finally got around to watching this, and I thought it was pretty great.

The film follows the developers of FEZ and Super Meat Boy as they prepare and launch their games (FEZ does not achieve launch by the end of the film), and also touches on Braid quite a bit.

These are all excellent games, the film is really nicely done, and it might give you some insight on how much passion and commitment it takes to launch these games, especially when your team is barely a handful of people.

The film was funded on Kickstarter, and is now available on Netflix.

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Yes I enjoyed this docu too, though in regards to the size and financial means of the developer "studios" mentioned in it, hinterland is already a triple A company :D Nevertheless I liked that it shows the brutal reality of indie developers and that you need more than just a good idea to become successful.

• 1 month later...

As someone who has always wanted to make a game but hasn't made that dream a reality yet I have to say that watching this with my wife was immensely enjoyable for me and gave her some insights into why it is I love games so much. She didn't grow up with video games and while she has a few she has enjoyed playing here and there since we met she has never been able to understand my passion for the industry. I think this documentary did a great job of showing what it is about the medium that is so amazing and demanding at the same time.

Archived