wonky wolf

piddy3825

3 hours ago, wilsonaka said:

We should name this one "Tank".

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

You're obviously skilled in the art of acupuncture!

2 hours ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

or perhaps, in keeping with fluffy and scruffy... toughy? 

The only way I could kill this one was by initiating a struggle (it died immediately so the previous damage must've been taken into consideration once the struggle began).

Yeah this one built tough as tank and you should see everything I did to him to kill him and he still wouldn't go down.
I just posted a little video clip in the Wintermute forum that you may find kinda entertaining.  I kept getting in his face to try to
initiate the wolf struggle but didn't work.  

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Yeah this one built tough as tank and you should see everything I did to him to kill him and he still wouldn't go down.
I just posted a little video clip in the Wintermute forum that you may find kinda entertaining.  I kept getting in his face to try to
initiate the wolf struggle but didn't work.  

nice vid! although you should really have put a content warning on it- the 'unloaded flare gun' click instantly transported me back to a hundred previous bear maulings 😉 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

nice vid! although you should really have put a content warning on it- the 'unloaded flare gun' click instantly transported me back to a hundred previous bear maulings 😉 

Right?  I don't know how many times I have pulled out the flare gun in a pinch and only have it "click" as I dry fired into a charging bear or moose...  ouch!
I try to make sure I load it now before I holster it back into my backpack

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, acada said:

LOL I thinkI had the same wolf there Have you found it near the wolfs cave NE part of map?

This one was actually very close to the front doors of the prison, not to far down the road relatively near one of the smaller road signs.
I suspect this glitch isnt necessarily restricted to a single location?  I did use the debugging F8 screenshot so if you can decipher the location code info
that may help to answer your question.    I also posted a video clip of the wonky wolf where I shoot him full of arrows, shoot him with the revolver and 
even shoot him with the flare gun!  too much fun!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

So I suspect it is different one. I met mine near mining site.

Funny thing. I have noticed there were downed common wolfes during my play in Blackrock. Is it possible that rabid timberwolfes are killing common wolfes? (it could be of course my shooting when some of these bastards fled)

2 hours ago, acada said:

So I suspect it is different one. I met mine near mining site.

Funny thing. I have noticed there were downed common wolfes during my play in Blackrock. Is it possible that rabid timberwolfes are killing common wolfes? (it could be of course my shooting when some of these bastards fled)

I too, found a number of "black" wolf corpses strewn about the landscape with no apparent cause of death.  I assumed that a few of them were ones that I had shot with the revolver, since I often didn't bother to track them after I had shot them.  But maybe there was some wolf on wolf predation.  Timberwolves being the predominant predator in the region I would wager.

• Upvote 1