Heaters in every cabin

slyreaper

I wold like to see heaters in all of the inhabited interiors.

Yes some have pro pain tanks on the outside so some where there is a micro heater hidden that is not functioning. How about the cabins with out pro pain tanks though. They must have been doing something for heat before the disastrous electromagnetic storm.

I've brought up this topic before, it's pretty silly that anybody would build a house or cabin in a remote Canadian town without some sort of fireplace or wood oven. Some people are saying that most of the buildings without fireplaces would be Summer Cabins, but that seems a bit far fetched to me. I think it's more of a gameplay balance right now, because if Jackrabbit Island had a fireplace then it would be far better than any other house in ML or CH. The farmhouse is the best shelter but it's in a pretty remote location.

I've brought up this topic before, it's pretty silly that anybody would build a house or cabin in a remote Canadian town without some sort of fireplace or wood oven. Some people are saying that most of the buildings without fireplaces would be Summer Cabins, but that seems a bit far fetched to me. I think it's more of a gameplay balance right now, because if Jackrabbit Island had a fireplace then it would be far better than any other house in ML or CH. The farmhouse is the best shelter but it's in a pretty remote location.

I wouldn't say "far-fetched", we had a summer cabin in Northern Ontario on a lake, it had no heat source at all and we had to bring propane tanks (portable) with us for the stove (not to mention our own water). So there are some places where lake cabins have no heat source, but I will agree that its more likely they would have a heat source. Especially if they have an huge external propane tank like the ones in game.

there are definitely types of cabins that are not "winterized" (ie no stove, no insulation). Often that kind of cabin would just be used in summer/before the snow falls.

Ok, that makes sense. Sure are a lot of summer cabins.

Not everyone likes go to the cabin in the winter.. In fact I'd go as far to say that say most people don't (e.g. Florida is much more popular as a travel destination in winter than the Yukon :) ).. Also, you may not have easy access to the cabin if the road is not plowed, which is quite common in cottage country. So I'm alright with this.

Archived