Can’t climb through window in part 4

Eimyria

I am trying to get medical supplies from the infirmary at the beginning of part 4. I have reached the window I need to climb through, and focusing my reticule on the window displays “window”, but when I press A to interact, nothing happens. I have tried different angles and distances, as well as pressing every single button on my controller. Anyone else having this issue, specifically other Switch users? If so, any ideas how to get past this?

Okay, I contacted Hinterlands Support, and while they didn’t have an instant fix, they did suggest a solution. I basically just restarted the episode, and when I got to the window again I was able to climb through. It was annoying to have to replay the beginning, but at least I can continue with the game. I hope this helps!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue on Switch. Restarting the episode also solved the problem for me, but not before spending a lot of time searching for a different way in to the infirmary and getting frustrated.

My guess is that this may have happened because I started episode 4 by choosing Resume from the main menu, instead of selecting episode 4 outright.
When the episode was restarted, I noticed that things other than the malfunctioning window were different. The first wolf and the deer it was eating outside the gate weren't there before, and some doors were now active that weren't previously.

A similar thing happened to me in episode 1 where somehow the game went into a state where the environment was 'dead' and cutscenes didn't take place, markers missing, etc. Eventually I reached a point in the episode where the screen went black and I was stuck (in the overturned train car). Support instructed me to return to an earlier location (a cave) and the issue should resolve. It did, but after much frustration because there's no clear indication that the game is in this error state until you become stuck and email support or miraculously come upon a thread like this. I imagine others with less patience will drop the game entirely or blame themselves for missing something during gameplay.

If somehow you've made it to this thread and found what you were looking for, please join us at the bar!