Game keeps crashing on disclaimer Ps4(1.95)

Sirdoeboy01

Having the same issue as well with the ps4, gets to that introduction splash screen then crashes. Restarted my Ps4 and still have the issue, now I have uninstalled the game and will try reinstalling it.

Edited by DenisC

not sure what is going on, i can't load the game at all on my main account, but i was able to get past the disclaimer screen on an alt account. so i guess for now i'll just play a fresh run on my alt account, hopefully this is an issue that can be easily fixed.

Apparently there is a Unity engine bug that is preventing MP4 files from playing under certain conditions, which is why the game appears to hang after the disclaimer screen, because the intro following that is an MP4 that causes the engine to just stall.  I play on Windows 7 and supposedly, the only fix is to remove all MP4 files (basically pre-rendered videos) from the game in order to play it. However, this isn't a good workaround as it's removing important narrative beats as well as the epilogue from Episode 4.  I'm guessing this problem is also affecting PS4 users as well, but you're not alone.  I hope this can get resolved soon.

57 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

No joy….. disappointing 

even after the update it still shows game progress at 100%.. trophies 49/49… like it doesn’t even see the update..

PS4 Pro player here, same problem. Even on another fresh account where the game managed to get past the disclaimer screen the main menu music was completely absent. I've reached out to Raph on Twitter & sent a support ticket their way. Hopefully they're able to resolve this soon on PlayStation so we can get playing!

EDIT: Got a response from Hinterland!

Capture.JPG

Edited by Mishka
Response from Hinterland

Playstation user here. Same issue, get to the disclaimer screen and it crashes. This only happens on my girlfriends account though, 2 PS5s, 1 PS4 will get an instant crash logged in as her, while my account will play the game fine. Thinking outside the box, but could it be trophy related somehow? She has the platinum and I don't.

PS5 gets error code, CE-108255-1, PS4 gets CE-34878-0, thinking they're just generic "things are broke" errors now with how many people get them across different games.

9 hours ago, xXpEaRsOn93Xx said:

Playstation user here. Same issue, get to the disclaimer screen and it crashes. This only happens on my girlfriends account though, 2 PS5s, 1 PS4 will get an instant crash logged in as her, while my account will play the game fine. Thinking outside the box, but could it be trophy related somehow? She has the platinum and I don't.

PS5 gets error code, CE-108255-1, PS4 gets CE-34878-0, thinking they're just generic "things are broke" errors now with how many people get them across different games.

i also have plat trophy never heard of a game that would crash for this reason, but when it comes to the Long dark anything is possible.

Same issue here, PS4 user seeing game crash at disclaimer start screen, every time.  Major bummer, I've been playing the Long Dark pretty much it came out and every new episode is a little like Christmas.  Hoping the PS4 issue isn't the same issue plaguing the Windows 7 users because that's been a known issue since January (some are reporting) and its still a bug.

Great game!  Love it!  

Anxiously awaiting an update of some sort from Hinterland.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, Sirdoeboy01 said:

Anybody else having this problem, i can't even load up the game anymore. Really wanted to try out Episode 4 but now can't even play at all. sad times.

This is a known issue, we're working on it as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, Sirdoeboy01 said:

Just wanted to thank the Hinterland team the PS4 1.97 update i was able to log in my main account hopefully that means everyone else is fixed too, happy surviving all.

Glad to hear it! Thanks again for your patience.