Episode Four is Here - Launch Day & Trailer

Admin

9 hours ago, Uran79 said:

But one thing is not clear for me - why is there no map ihe survival mode ?  

I counted on it so much, and was so upset when I did not find a new card.

It's absolutely normal.

• Milton was firstly presented in the game when episodes 1&2 were released, only in story mode in v1.0 (01.08.2017), and was added in survival mode only in v1.16 (07.12.2017).
  • Episode 3 takes place in Pleasant Valley that was already in survival mode.
  • Episode 4 takes place in a brand new region. As with Milton, just wait a bit. Raph twitted earlier, that we will see Blackrock in survival mode in the next update before the end of the year.
  • Upvote 1

A bit late to the party but I finally got my hands on Ep4. Enjoying it so far, though I must confess I was a bit reluctant to go into wedgie cave the first time around hahaha.

Love the mix of wolves and timberwolves we got so far. 

2 hours ago, Dan_ said:

I must confess I was a bit reluctant to go into wedgie cave the first time around

Yeah, the Darkwalker has a different punishment in store for you in that cave.  Make sure your thermal underwear are 100%!

• Upvote 1

Why was my post about the bugs on mac deleted?

The game is unplayable on mac and you delete the post that could help the dev team to fix it? I was not expecting that.

The minimum you could do is to give us a date when the bugs will be fixed. One day? Two days? Is a dev already working on it? 

I know you won't answer, because I'm waiting for an answer from support for more than one year about the old graphics bug on mac. There is no answer and no fix.

Hinterland does not give answers, Hinterland does not give dates.

On 10/8/2021 at 8:03 AM, piddy3825 said:

Spoilers

I've died more and so many different ways than ever before!
Wolf attacks were constant and never ending, but after my first few deaths by mauling, I found my first firearm and luckily I have a good aim and subsequently left a trail of bodies littering the country side.  :wolf::wolf::wolf:

what I wasn't prepared for was death by toxic mine gas, followed by death by smoke inhalation.  
soon thereafter I was killed by gunshot wounds and finally burned to death

oh, I nearly forgot...  I was mauled to death by a bear too.  did I mention, I got stomped by a moose?  in the doorway of the cabin no less.  

It was one helluva ride and definitely worth waiting for! 
I sure hope we get this new area as a region soon in survival mode!

Today I can add death by drowning

• Upvote 1

So I finished Eps 4. Was alot of fun. One of the few games, where I play the most recent updates!

Some Feedback:

I tried to increase the difficulty, but couldn't find anything in the options

I got stuck on a street while going near the cave, which was increasing on altitude, but the street had quite little steps 🙂 

Another thing: when leaving the cave, I went to the caynon down and not 100 m away from the climbing rope, a wolf just spawned right in front of me

21 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

Um. So I fell through the ground and saw the scenario go above me as I fell further down and then just...popped back up to where I was? I guess I shouldn't have been in that place to begin with. Also this chapter has enough F-Bombs to make any Life is Strange fan blush!

Falling through the ground is not normal. But that system of teleporting you back to a secure place is.

Just finished playing EP4, I won't spoil anything but as a survival mode enthusiast I gotta say: This is the first time I truly enjoyed playing the storyline. Well freaking done HL! 

Can't wait for the conclusion and also for Blackrock to be in survival mode. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 5:19 PM, JaySovereign said:

Um. So I fell through the ground and saw the scenario go above me as I fell further down and then just...popped back up to where I was? I guess I shouldn't have been in that place to begin with. Also this chapter has enough F-Bombs to make any Life is Strange fan blush!

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix, but if you have additional info, please report it on our support portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

As for the swearing, you can change this via the new Curse Filter in our Accessibility Settings. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin unpinned this topic