Episode Four is Here - Launch Day & Trailer

Admin

40 minutes ago, Patrykos665 said:

I just downloaded on ps4 and unfortunately connected to the information and press obo on the new type crashes all the time and crashes the game: /

This is a known issue and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you are able, you are welcome to submit an error log through our support portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks for your patience! 

Beaten the first part of the episode for now, and I must say that this is much more than I expected, the map is awesome, there's some cool puzzles, wildlife action and plenty of locations. The story is awesome too  Thank you Hinterlands for a great piece of work!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

The map so far is twisted but not as maze-like than AC or HRV. Very well done.

The best balance in my opinion. 🤗
And I can say the same about buildings! I love Bricklayer's Retreat! But please Hinterland make a good door for it in survival. 😄 Make it a bit cozy.

• Upvote 1

No problem with the download or running Ep. 4 on Win 10. 

I intended only to download it and check that it was working OK, but once started it was hard to stop, until I was killed after two quick-in-succession timberwold attacks after a rope climb.

I LOVE the new episode!  Yay!

I have been getting this odd set of errors since the update.  I seem to be in some kind of developer debug mode.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

TLDerror1.thumb.jpg.446561a3fbc00397defed47d1203a040.jpg

or this?

TLDerror2.thumb.jpg.514415541bef6fabfd8720f95f50c1ba.jpg

For the time being I can't seem to read the mission objectives.   Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

What I've seen so far looks good. Thank you Hinterland for your Perseverance Lol.

In Chapter 1, I may have found a bug. I played on pilgrim and when I scared a wolf while stepping on a bush, the game froze. I couldn't move. I had to reload an automatic save.

But thanks for the release! It was worth the wait :)

5 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

I LOVE the new episode!  Yay!

I have been getting this odd set of errors since the update.  I seem to be in some kind of developer debug mode.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

TLDerror1.thumb.jpg.446561a3fbc00397defed47d1203a040.jpg

or this?

TLDerror2.thumb.jpg.514415541bef6fabfd8720f95f50c1ba.jpg

For the time being I can't seem to read the mission objectives.   Any ideas?

If you are seeing missing text strings that say things like "gameplay_EpisodeFourTitle", etc., this is because you are using a language mod. Please revert back to the default translations until the loc mod files are updated.

If you're experiencing other issues after updating to Episode Four, please send a note to our Support portal and someone will get back to you ASAP. Launch weeks are high-volume so please be patient! http://hinterlandgames.com/support

• Like 1

Playing since 2015, this was the best time I ever had with The Long Dark! The map is awesome!!

Found a few bugs on PS4. The (aggressive) wolf in the cave just froze. And the timberwolves did not attack me on my way to the mine. Instead they ran away or froze.

Thank you for this amazing new Chapter. Can't wait to see how everything plays out and send my sandbox survivor to Blackrock Prison!

• Like 1

Just Finished the new episode and got all the achievements/did all the missions. Played it a bit slowly and went almost around the whole map.

I must say it was kinda ironic to have over 100 bullets, all the guns, bows and arrows and still act like "a dog". I know it was because of the gameplay but felt kinda stupid. Otherwise the episode was ok, altought I was buzzled for a while in the end because I could not find the last route in the dark - died so many times because of that. But yeah, this game has a lot more to offer with the challenge modes and the biggest thing is still the survival mode, easily.

Spoilers

I've died more and so many different ways than ever before!
Wolf attacks were constant and never ending, but after my first few deaths by mauling, I found my first firearm and luckily I have a good aim and subsequently left a trail of bodies littering the country side.  :wolf::wolf::wolf:

what I wasn't prepared for was death by toxic mine gas, followed by death by smoke inhalation.  
soon thereafter I was killed by gunshot wounds and finally burned to death

oh, I nearly forgot...  I was mauled to death by a bear too.  did I mention, I got stomped by a moose?  in the doorway of the cabin no less.  

It was one helluva ride and definitely worth waiting for! 
I sure hope we get this new area as a region soon in survival mode!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 3

Just finished Episode Four  with all the side quests and achievemets.  Thank you very much Hinterland. 

But one thing is not clear for me - why is there no map ihe survival mode ?  

I counted on it so much, and was so upset when I did not find a new card.