Beyond Interloper- “Real Survival”

Lord of the Long Dark

TLD is my favorite game if all time for one simple reason- it’s the most realistic survival game with no aliens or zombies, no laser guns, no robot companions and relatively basic design with minimal unnecessary duplication.

Therefore, the more realistic the experience the better.  So I would love to see an interloper level with much more realism added especially in mechanics that require some suspension of logic. 
  I’d love to see the magic water bottles fixed. You either find empty ones or reuse containers or more realistically you have a canteen. But cabins, structures would have water storage carboys  that allow stockpiling - or you could build them such as for living in a cave.  
   Animals could well attack in open structures. No more “wolves won’t enter a fishing hut” (where I live, bears often break into houses and some even attacked unsuspecting homeowners) but the clipping issue of them attacking through walls must be fixed. 
  Broken ribs would take 6 weeks to heal BUT you get better over time (similar to how parasites should be- you get absolutely leveled at first but you get better over time, not worse as you treat it). Sprains would be same mechanic- a day or two to get better but not happen as frequently. You don’t just heal it with a bandage. 
  But other things would be easier due to realism. Calories would match food better- you don’t need 5lbs or meat or 20lbs of fish a day.  However you can’t eat spoiled meat. You have to smoke it for long term preservation.  
  clothing would last for years in storage indoors but your outer clothing would still decay at current interloper rates. 
   You can save unburned wood from a fire that goes out.  But you also can’t make a fire in 10 seconds. 
   I can somewhat tolerate the aurora and the whole electromagnetic phenomenon concept to explain loss of electricity, but animals turning green is ridiculous.
  You get the idea. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark