The hardest game mode possible

oplli

Introduction

I have been trying As the dead sleeps recently for the second time but first since a while. I have found that this challenge was extremely hard and I didnt particularly knew why at the beginning. The reason is that i dont know bleak inlet at all and i keep dying whitout escaping every time. So for short i am able to survive 100+ days in interlopper if i dont make big mistakes but not more than two or three days in bleak inlet at the same difficulty. I Think it is very nice to be challenged this much like in ATDS. My case is kind of unique but what i know is that map knowledge is the key to long term survival. 

Idea

As said i love to be challenged this much and not getting bored after 100 days beacause there is nothing else to do. So the Idea would be to implement a precedurally generated map in order to up the challenge a bit. of course a map with buildings caves rock formation etc. I know the map would be more boring except if it is very well made but the challenge would be even more beautiful. :) 

Another thing that could make a run harder (or easier, it is player's choice) is make custimisable spawning loot. It could be anything like: one match and nothing else or the opposite, a buch of clothes and fully equipped with tools. as is aid it would be the player who choose his playstyle

Any Thoughts ?

• Upvote 1

I would like to add sliders to custom games. 0% would turn something off, 1% would be 1/100th of the maximum current spawn rate. So 1% would mean you kill a bear and you might not see another one for months. This would go for everything.

Another interesting mode would be to add bone+stone tools/items or something. Then you could turn loot off loot and live in the timberwolf mountains hut. You would need to make bone tools and create your own clothes and such and it would be much more of a live off the land experience. Having to worry about staying warm would be nice.

• Upvote 1