Episode Four Teaser & Launch Date

Admin

Just watch. Something is going to go horribly wrong in the next two days and we're not going to be able to play it. Like I mean just think of all the things that could go wrong. A squirrel could chew on the wires at the local substation, knocking out the power. Raphaels childhood rival could sabotage the power, knocking the power out. The aurora could happen, knocking the power out. Vancouver could be nuked, knocking the power out. Everyone at Hinterland Inc could have a heart attack, not knocking the power out. Michelle Obama could knock the power out. I just hope hinterland is prepared for each of these possibilities. If not there is a good chance that we won't get episode four. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

Just watch. Something is going to go horribly wrong in the next two days and we're not going to be able to play it. Like I mean just think of all the things that could go wrong. A squirrel could chew on the wires at the local substation, knocking out the power. Raphaels childhood rival could sabotage the power, knocking the power out. The aurora could happen, knocking the power out. Vancouver could be nuked, knocking the power out. Everyone at Hinterland Inc could have a heart attack, not knocking the power out. Michelle Obama could knock the power out. I just hope hinterland is prepared for each of these possibilities. If not there is a good chance that we won't get episode four. 

Is there any chance you're worried about power cuts? It wasn't very clear!☺

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

any word on trophies or achievements ?

We can assume that this episode will have three achievements for benchmarks in the story and one for completing all the side quest. I wouldn't be surprised we also have a secret achievement and an achievement or two for specific side quests.

• Upvote 1

I saw this question somewhere (cant remember for the life of me if it was here or maybe in a steam discussion) and I thought it was interesting: will the inventory and clothes from the end of episode 2 be carried over into episode 4 somehow? like it was going from 1 to 2? i really hope so. otherwise it's just plain mean to only make the snow pants available at the very end of episode 2 - among other things.

5 minutes ago, Sceh said:

I saw this question somewhere (cant remember for the life of me if it was here or maybe in a steam discussion) and I thought it was interesting: will the inventory and clothes from the end of episode 2 be carried over into episode 4 somehow? like it was going from 1 to 2? i really hope so. otherwise it's just plain mean to only make the snow pants available at the very end of episode 2 - among other things.

I would've thought that whatever he was wearing in ep 2 would stay the same. Unless they stripped him down for some reason!? Can't think why they would though!  Not sure about the inventory ,they probably took the most useful things and left him with hardly anything. Just depends on what they were short of themselves!

Does anyone know what time (in what time zone) the update goes live?

Can I download it at midnight GMT and start playing?

Do I need to mute my mic during my 5 AM meeting so they won't hear the wolves, because it doesn't come out until early morning?

It's so close - I need details

Edited by Cheesestix

9 minutes ago, Cheesestix said:

Does anyone know what time (in what time zone) the update goes live?

Can I download it at midnight GMT and start playing?

Do I need to mute my mic during my 5 AM meeting so they won't hear the wolves, because it doesn't come out until early morning?

It's so close - I need details

Who has meetings at 5am ? 

8 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Snow pants would be a pretty valuable item!  Why leave a prisoner with that when your own legs are cold?

Depends how warm those lovely prison outfits are I suppose! Hope they don't take his thermal underwear too! Yuck!🙂

1 hour ago, RegentRelic said:

Maybe the powers gone out?

6 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

No update yet.

Several people on the Steam forums are saying it will come out at 10:00 AM PST, so a little more than 2 hours from when I sent this comment.

It should be 2 hours and 10 minutes or so if everything works out so the countdown is on... should be a pretty big update file me thinks with so much new animation?

Part of me still wishes I would be able to wait till December (or whenever it is) when the map comes to Survival, so I could experience it fully blind, and without the scripted path, unmissable dialog and the easy Voyager-esque "Hardened survivor" difficulty level with automatic saving... but I know I won't be able to hold on until then or ignore watching youtube of it. So tonight it is! Or at the weekend at the latest if there are some bigger bugs in need of hotfixing...

The new features version list will be interesting, as I wonder if any of the new gameplay mechanics will immediately also transfer to Survival or whether we have to wait until the full region update for their implementation...

Also looking forward to see if there are bug fixes for some bits that have been on the to-do-list for ages now... would be nice to get the teas working again too and not burning

Anyway I'm sure it'll be good for what it is. Even having new backdrop in the main menu is always exciting

Edited by Mistral