Episode Four Teaser & Launch Date

Admin

3 hours ago, BareSkin said:

-HRV too puzzly, and OMG thoses bushes seemed stupid implementation. Even only on Loper I never found this other fire on the other side of the map. Made this a reflex: spawn in HRV = quit immediately. HRV in 2018: played it maybe 2 hours.

-Bleak Inlet: Even only on Loper, you just can't survive the TW pack, cause no firearms. No idea if they tuned it down. Already was enraged with them (the wolves) in Episode 3. Bleak Inlet in 2019: never went, period.

-Ash Canyon: An HRV-live puzzle map. Man that day I lost it. I bought (twice!) a survival game, not a climbing-and-mapping one. You just can't survive at all without knowing those maps by heart. Ash Canyon in 2020: never went there, because of HRV.

Puzzle maps...? Can't survive Timberwolves...? Can't survive without map knowledge and mapping...?

This is one of the strangest opinions I have ever heard, but each to his/her own I guess...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mistral said:

Puzzle maps...? Can't survive Timberwolves...? Can't survive without map knowledge and mapping...?

This is one of the strangest opinions I have ever heard, but each to his/her own I guess...

I made the choice to play directly on Interloper after playing hardened survivor for Episode1 & 2 (at that time). Good for you if you could do all the above said directly on loper, I couldn't. I'd love to know how you survive a T-wolves pack without firearms and Loper weather.

That's why I said the price I will have to pay is to go to Stalker or Voyager in order to enojoy the latest game contents. Cause I love this game. I just don't love it as much Voyager-style.

4 hours ago, Morgntorg said:

You made my day!! 🤣😂🤣

:D

23 hours ago, BareSkin said:

You just can't survive at all without knowing those maps by heart. Ash Canyon in 2020: never went there, because of HRV.

Of course, that's the point. If you play Interloper, the margin of error is (and should be) slim. If you don't know the maps, you have no business surviving in Interloper.

23 hours ago, BareSkin said:

- No fix to the starvation hack that completely breaks immersion for me. Survive long-term Interloper with 720 calories par day? Really? I don't need the Well Fed buff for the cost of eating a complete deer every 48h. This is not an efficient incentive to me.

Easy fix: don't use the starvation hack. It's your choice. 

-t

9 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Easy fix: don't use the starvation hack. It's your choice.

This is a way too easy answer. Starvation hack is used by default because of game mechanics... you know... when you starve. that's the exact same reason I could never play Outerloper, I can't refrain from entering a shelter if needed. If I come to TLD, it is because the game is punishing on mistakes. But if you have this kind of willpower good for you :)

7 minutes ago, turtle777 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You build a shelter, and use that as your protection.

-t

Lol yeah, that made me laugh out loud in real life. Try that against a T-W pack and good luck for not dying from either the cold or "blood loss".

Edited by BareSkin
not using double-post to answer

Just now, BareSkin said:

This is a way too easy answer. Starvation hack is used by default because of game mechanics... you know... when you starve. that's the exact same reason I could never play Outerloper, I can't refrain from entering a shelter if needed. If I come to TLD, it is because the game is punishing on mistakes. But if you have this kind of willpower good for you :)

I don't get what your complaint is.

On the one hand, you don't seem to be able to master Loper in all regions, and on the other hand, you complain because a certain mechanic makes it easier.

Learning a little willpower ain't a bad thing 😛

-t

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

I don't get what your complaint is.

It's farily simple tho. I'm quite good at surving on Loper, don't worry. Not the best, but good enough to survive even harder setups. But I would like maps to be hard to survive because of natural conditions. Be it cold, winds, ice breaking, wildlife, whatever. Not because some devs designed maps to be puzzles. Surviving HRV needs puzzle-solving, not survival skills.

Timberwolf Mountain already had this puzzle-like mindset, you have to find the way to the summit, I get it because well, it's a mountain summit.

Climbing in itself is not a problem, as long as finding the way is obvious. Typical example Milton Map, the best one imo. Multiple levels, challenging, but you never spend your time "solving" the puzzle of the terrain. You don't need thaat or that tool to enter the Church. You see it, you go for it, you get wolfed period. The gas station needs a crowbar? You can find it nearby and shelter in a car if needed.

Same with CH, really nice diverse map, but the ways are quite easy to find.

In HRV you're in one spot, you can't go a bit higher just because some stupid 1m-tall bush is there and you don't have a hatchet? You can harvest as many branches as you want but not this bush? Come on, this is ridiculous! I expected much better map-design.

Edited by BareSkin

7 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

why do you think so?

Due to the virus htl have been overstretched this last year. As have most companies!  Working from home would restrict how much work they can do!  

As for a Christmas one that's just wishful thinking on my part🙂

Edited by Leeanda

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I've had the game a few years so never seen that one! What did that involve?

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/4_Days_of_Night_Event#:~:text=Dates%20%20%20%20Year%20%20%20,October%2010PM%20PST%20%20%201%20November%20 So, basically it is the Halloween event Hinterland did since 2016 up to last year. On the for days leading up to Halloween where it was night all the time and each of the four days have additional challenge: No wild life spawns, extra wolves, aroura and constant blizzard were the challenges in 2019. Before 2018 there weren't daily challenges but, they did have a modified wolf skin. There are few other changes like pumpkin pies being an item and candy bowls spawning on certain door steps.

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Due to the virus htl have been overstretched this last year. As have most companies!  Working from home would restrict how much work they can do!  

As for a Christmas one that's just wishful thinking on my part🙂

well:

the years before the pandemic they had the four days of night event.

Last year (when the pandemic hit the most), they had an entirely new event: Escape the Darkwalker. It was so successful, that Hinterland created an entire challenge with the Darkwalker. So i think that the restriction argument is true, but don't seem to impair HTL

15 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/4_Days_of_Night_Event#:~:text=Dates Year ,October 10PM PST 1 November So, basically it is the Halloween event Hinterland did since 2016 up to last year. On the for days leading up to Halloween where it was night all the time and each of the four days have additional challenge: No wild life spawns, extra wolves, aroura and constant blizzard were the challenges in 2019. Before 2018 there weren't daily challenges but, they did have a modified wolf skin. There are few other changes like pumpkin pies being an item and candy bowls spawning on certain door steps.

14 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

well:

the years before the pandemic they had the four days of night event.

Last year (when the pandemic hit the most), they had an entirely new event: Escape the Darkwalker. It was so successful, that Hinterland created an entire challenge with the Darkwalker. So i think that the restriction argument is true, but don't seem to impair HTL

I got this game in 2019 possibly just before dark walker so wondering how I missed that one!  Sounds like the older ones would be easier to bring back than a new event then!

• Upvote 1

I cannot deny, I am dancing a poky little jig in anticipation of this release... although my dancing is pretty much just the same parade of violently flinching body spasms a hypothermic survivor would display whilst having a starving wolf chewing on their arm. 

This might be the first release I play on Switch first, as I'll be away from home and my nice PC and simply cannot wait. Should be an experience.  Oddly enough a few days before the announcement I dreamt I was in a prison in The Long Dark, and that myself and other inmates had to work together to survive. Coincidence?  I THINK SO. To be honest a vivid TLD dream comes around every five or so weeks for me.  

Anyway, eager to see what this one brings us. The story seems to be evolving into something really special here and i'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Here's to the launch! 

49 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

I cannot deny, I am dancing a poky little jig in anticipation of this release... although my dancing is pretty much just the same parade of violently flinching body spasms a hypothermic survivor would display whilst having a starving wolf chewing on their arm. 

This might be the first release I play on Switch first, as I'll be away from home and my nice PC and simply cannot wait. Should be an experience.  Oddly enough a few days before the announcement I dreamt I was in a prison in The Long Dark, and that myself and other inmates had to work together to survive. Coincidence?  I THINK SO. To be honest a vivid TLD dream comes around every five or so weeks for me.  

Anyway, eager to see what this one brings us. The story seems to be evolving into something really special here and i'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Here's to the launch! 

Not sure I've seen anyone dancing the way you describe it!😁