Episode Four Teaser & Launch Date

Admin

On 9/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, Dum_Gen said:

Finally some use for empty cans.

Great teaser for the upcoming episode, thanks HL!  

The flash bangs caught my attention too- interested in the materials, looks like a fuse made from electrical cable, and bound together with wire.  I wonder if this will mean new materials and if they will have any other applications?  The explosives needed could be the existing gunpowder.  Will this mean an ammo bench in Blackrock, or even that this episode spans blackrock and bleak inlet?

10 hours ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Great teaser for the upcoming episode, thanks HL!  

The flash bangs caught my attention too- interested in the materials, looks like a fuse made from electrical cable, and bound together with wire.  I wonder if this will mean new materials and if they will have any other applications?  The explosives needed could be the existing gunpowder.  Will this mean an ammo bench in Blackrock, or even that this episode spans blackrock and bleak inlet?

I’m thinking cloth soaked with fish oil, gunpowder and can.  Like a candle wick

18 hours ago, alone sniper said:

@I_comer_solo_lobo_carne

Ocultar contenidos

No lo creo. Supongo que cuando dejaste Milton en el episodio 1, la región se volvió completamente inaccesible. Y supongo que nadie se habría enterado si lo sacas o lo empujas. Pero tal vez Hinterland nos sorprenda con eso. Creo que deberíamos esperar y averiguarlo.

There is someone who found out about that, matusalen

On 9/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, manolitode said:

F i n a l l y.

It appears as banger to scare wolves with, not something to blow them to pieces.

I suspect it uses gunpowder to craft though, and I'd much rather use 100% of my gunpowder to make ammunition. Still, a powerful new tool using a very common resource (cans) that can potentially scare off loads of hostile wildlife- we like to see it!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Wonder if there's any new animals in this episode? That'd be the Icing on the  top  of the cake!☺️

Some people here including me want cougar. Firstly one cougar in a cage (maybe will rescue it from Mathis or other prisoners) and then a few around the region. It would be cool.

21 minutes ago, Pınar51-06 said:

Some people here including me want cougar. Firstly one cougar in a cage (maybe will rescue it from Mathis or other prisoners) and then a few around the region. It would be cool.

Cougars,and wolverines would be great! More vicious the better! 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

With that little sound bomb shown for a moment, how would that be made, like what ingredients? I can imagine a recycled can and some gunpowder, but is there anything else? Like clothe for a wick or, what?

I just watched someone make fire cracker with just paper and match heads! So it should be quite easy to make in game ones with them! Albeit slightly bigger but same principle!

From what I read in the September Dev Update, it's not going to be in survival until later this year; I imagine that right now they're completely concentrating on finishing the testing and bug fixes required to make the story episode as solid as possible on release and will then turn to making the required changes to the map to turn it into a good survival map after the initial bugfixes for the Ep 4 release get dealt with. We can expect there will be at least a couple three weeks of work dealing with issues revealed by giving the game to some tens of thousands of users rather than a few testers in the lab and then it'll be time to do the necessary changes to make it into a good survival mode map. My guess? December for that update... could be earlier if they don't do a Hallowe'en event this year, but I gotta admit I kind of hope they do... but I mean... can't be the Darkwalker that's just part of the game now, so... another 4DON? Time'll tell I guess. Given all that's going on and that Hallowe'en's only a month away it's possible there'll be no event this year.

At any rate, the survival version of the map will follow on later, and my instincts say December for its release, but of course that's all up to Hinterland.

Edited by stratvox
proper grammar

Hello there!

Really hope we won't have antoher puzzle-like map in December. Stopped playing new maps since Hushed River Valley came out.

-HRV too puzzly, and OMG thoses bushes seemed stupid implementation. Even only on Loper I never found this other fire on the other side of the map. Made this a reflex: spawn in HRV = quit immediately. HRV in 2018: played it maybe 2 hours.

-Bleak Inlet: Even only on Loper, you just can't survive the TW pack, cause no firearms. No idea if they tuned it down. Already was enraged with them (the wolves) in Episode 3. Bleak Inlet in 2019: never went, period.

-Ash Canyon: An HRV-live puzzle map. Man that day I lost it. I bought (twice!) a survival game, not a climbing-and-mapping one. You just can't survive at all without knowing those maps by heart. Ash Canyon in 2020: never went there, because of HRV.

-Played Episode 3. Was happy to finish it. Well, relieved more than happy. I really like the first 2 episodes, even replayed them several times. But the whole drag-a-corpse-and-can't-defend-yourself, over and over, was really boring, plus the plot development... well... was there any? Astrid not even looking for Will?

- Not to mention the adding of firearms instead of survival functions that made me completely stop playing after Episode 3 (bones crafting? fire starting alternatives? Candles? Pleaaaaase!). TLD Episode 3 was my video-game equivalent to StarWars Episode2: useless and forgettable.

- No fix to the starvation hack that completely breaks immersion for me. Survive long-term Interloper with 720 calories par day? Really? I don't need the Well Fed buff for the cost of eating a complete deer every 48h. This is not an efficient incentive to me.

Conclusion:

I feel sorry I have to lie down my criticism about my favorite game to feel better. But I guess it shows how hooked up I am with TLD? games you don't truly like, you don't come to the forums to complain right?

I will have to get back to Voyager or Stalker to be able to "explore" (=learn) the last 3 years of development. That's a bit sad IMO. But that's the new price I will have to pay to enjoy again the game I played the most in my life. I would totally pay 34.99$ for exchanging thoses last 3 maps for more "real-life" ones (all those present before HRV).

Let's hope -at least and at last- that this Will&Astrid story will get somewhere. Will our true hero - Will - finally understand that Astrid doesn't give a **** about him, and maybe never did?

• Upvote 2