Episode Four Teaser & Launch Date

Admin

Get ready for the next episode of THE LONG DARK's Story Mode. FURY, THEN SILENCE is coming to Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Games Store, and Nintendo Switch on October 6, 2021. (Free for all current owners of the game.)

A murderous gang of convicts has captured Mackenzie. Desperate to escape one of the darkest corners of Great Bear Island, he must somehow survive his fiercest enemy yet. Can Mackenzie recover the Hardcase, continue his search for Astrid, and also save the innocents caught up in this deadly confrontation?

Watch the teaser below.

Thanks for reading, Survivors. For more great info on Episode Four, visit the September Dev Diary.

• Upvote 8
  • Like 17

Great!

Hopefully Timberwolves will be there for the eventual Survival map version as well. I somehow assume that the grenade can thing won't be as it seems potentially a bit game breaking and out of place...

The oil lamp thingy in the cellar corridor (?) was nice

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the info. HTL. 

It'll be good to have another episode of TLD.   For the past six months I havve been playing several other games, but none of them come close to the enjoyment I get from TLD.  

In most other games I come across bits which don't make sense or need quite a few serious changes.  With those I can do nothing about it.  Here we can give feedback and generally most issues are resolved.  One game I have been playing recently, a major game, even after a few days of playing it, I had no idea WHF I was supposed to be doing.  It made me appreciate the quality of TLD. 

I have a feeling that we will be overloaded with new 'bits' in the next 2-3 months.  A new episode,  a Halloween monster/zombie game, then the news region for Survival.   It's all great to get, except I can't be bothered with the Halloween game if it is too supnatural, but we get too much all at the same time.  I'd prefer a steady release throughout the year to keep the interest up and stop people drifting away from TLD.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

The thing Mackenzie's hands at 0:05 to 0:07 seems a bit to far away either that or the angle is off. Maybe it's just because I would be more focused on leaning up but, something just seems off. I think it's the angle. Looks like were going to have run in the bus or use the  falling of a rock at the perfect time so, that wolfs can't find you technique, to avoid the wolf. Defiantly looks exciting.  I really like the cold, stony and castle like aesthetic of the prison exterior in the 0:12, 0:18 and 0:25 shots. The rest of the interior seems like its going to be very reminiscent of Carter Hydro Electrical Dam or maybe even the old version of The Dam. 

It seems like we are finally actually going to be able to see a character change positions out side of a cutscene in 0:30. Maybe they will just have roof collapse on him or something. Maybe well even get a break from the fetch quest structure considering it seems like will have a portion of the episode that can't have us back tracking. Or at least narratively justifiable back tracking. I'm liking the idea of the fire cracker as an aid for newer players and players who are struggling with timber wolves. Just as long as they don't work on bears and moose. Also I'm guessing they will be craft able with gunpowder, cans, and cloth giving at least one out of Bleak Inlet point to gunpowder and it's crafting ingredients as well as a use for your seventy five infinite cans. So far I am liking almost all of the sound design from the music to the voice acting. How ever I'm not great at listening to music I'll have to wait see it to know if it holds up on a deeper level.