FUNNIEST/SCARIEST moments during crucial gameplay...

Hi Guys,

I'm sure everyone had memorable moments during gameplay,

I'm curious to know about your experiences.

One of my scary and also funny experience was a desperate moment whilst trying to get food for the whiteout challenge.

I saw a bear corpse on the floor. I got close to harvest it. The bear got up angrily and I sprinted in the other direction. I got mauled anyway and somehow survived. 

I never trust an animal body on the floor anymore. Maybe bears lie on the floor in random areas nowhere near caves... ?

I don't know but that was a scream moment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As a new stalker player, I've had more than a few, even in my brief time playing it. 

More than once, I've been trapped in the tram (I think it's a tram) near the logging site in ML, either because of fog or wildlife. Or both. 

One time, I had really low condition, nearly hypothermic and was caged in due to four/five wolves outside, tryimg to glitch in. Don't get me wrong, I love stalker and wolves, but that was ridiculous. I had a bit of raw meat, but only one scent bar,  though that could have explained the abundance of wolves. Fortunately, I survived, though I don't think I dropped any of the meat in my panic, forgetting about the decoy option like the terrified idiot I was. I backed away and walked backwards all the way to the logging trailers and promptly paused the game, my hands shaking. Probably doesn't sound incredibly scary, but trust me it was at the time, as a pretty new player.

It was then I realised that I had a new favourite game mode. 

On 10/11/2021 at 5:26 PM, Catlover said:

As a new stalker player, I've had more than a few, even in my brief time playing it. 

More than once, I've been trapped in the tram (I think it's a tram) near the logging site in ML, either because of fog or wildlife. Or both. 

One time, I had really low condition, nearly hypothermic and was caged in due to four/five wolves outside, tryimg to glitch in. Don't get me wrong, I love stalker and wolves, but that was ridiculous. I had a bit of raw meat, but only one scent bar,  though that could have explained the abundance of wolves. Fortunately, I survived, though I don't think I dropped any of the meat in my panic, forgetting about the decoy option like the terrified idiot I was. I backed away and walked backwards all the way to the logging trailers and promptly paused the game, my hands shaking. Probably doesn't sound incredibly scary, but trust me it was at the time, as a pretty new player.

It was then I realised that I had a new favourite game mode. 

Couldnt you have made a fire in the tram and just thrown some torches at them?

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Couldnt you have made a fire in the tram and just thrown some torches at them?

That is a good point, though I didn't think that you were able to, since it's technically inside. I haven't tried it in a while so maybe you can light a fire in there now

Just now, Catlover said:

That is a good point, though I didn't think that you were able to, since it's technically inside. I haven't tried it in a while so maybe you can light a fire in there now

If it's the yellow one then yes you can, I have several times! Even died cos I got stuck on one and burned to death😁

Just now, Leeanda said:

If it's the yellow one then yes you can, I have several times! Even died cos I got stuck on one and burned to death😁

Ah, sorry I didn't think it was possible. I'll be sure to light a fire next time! Though rip your poor survivor, burning to death on a campfire isn't a brilliant way to go lol

• Like 1

Two scares I still remember (both in Desolation Point):
- I was cooking next to the Riken, near the breached hull. Then suddenly, I heard huffing and puffing, and saw the Bear being very close to me. Thankfully, I was crouched and he didn't detect me yet and I was able to get inside. I probably had some uncooked meat in my inventory by accident.
- I was traveling from Coastal Highway towards the Riken to craft. In Desolation Point, I almost was a the church when suddenly a wolf came round a corner. Thankfully, I had my flare gun ready and killed him instantly with a flare.

And I remember overcoming intestinal parasites on Interloper.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing The Hunted for the first time. 

Also, had several jump scares in Coastal Highway a while back with bears. 

1. (The video) 

2. Just shot a wolf and decided to harvest it; you know, like you do. I finished harvesting, and not a second later my character is jerked around and annihilated by a bear. I have no idea where it came from; didn't think there were any bears nearby. I want to say I remember it being near the log sort, but I don't think that's possible. It must have been closer to the fishing cabins, where the one bear occasionally comes by. 

Edited by Pencil