Quality of comments.

peteloud

Some comments are worth more than others.

I would find it interesting to see the ratio of hours played and comments made, alongside the comments.

For example some people might have 1,000 hours game experience and made a dozen comments, whereas some people might have 100 hours game experience and have made 500 comments.

Edited by peteloud

Everyone's comments matter, unless they are rude or against the ToS. No one is more "qualified" than someone else. We all have different experiences playing the game and labelling people just isn't the answer, sorry. Sometimes, yes, you will have wrong info thrown around, but TLD is a game that you learn as you play. No need to look down on people who haven't played it as long as you have. One thing I love about this forum is that it's not a competition, we are all equal in the eyes of mother nature as the same end eventually awaits us all, no matter how experienced you are.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 3

I have something like 4200+ played and I rarely comment although I have been reading the forums all that time. And steam forums too. 

I wonder about the high reputation levels for some. Seems that to get that high reputation one's every word must be so delightful to cause multiple upvotes. I prefer to just play the game and only occasionally browse the forums with not much delightful words to contribute. So therefore my comment quality is quite low and to be generally ignored.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, peteloud said:

Some comments are worth more than others.

Seems like you're making a rather black-and-white distinction. When a certain comment doesn't appeal to me it probably has a subjective value to someone else. Experienced or not, active posters may contribute with spirit and keeping the forum vital. 

• Like 1

Care to explain why everyone isn't equal!  No one is any better or any worse than anybody else! And I think its sad if you believe otherwise! 

The last year or so has been hard for everyone and right now the last thing they need is a kick in the teeth!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Care to explain why everyone isn't equal!  No one is any better or any worse than anybody else! And I think its sad if you believe otherwise!

In what way are people equal?

Some people are rich, powerful and have influence.  Some people are poor, hungry, unhealthy and few people care about them and their plight.  Some people are clever and competent, some people are not clever and screw up many aspects of their life.  Some people are honest, some people are crooks.  The list of ways in which people are not equal is endless.

2 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Some people are rich, powerful and have influence.  Some people are poor, hungry, unhealthy and few people care about them and their plight.  Some people are clever and competent, some people are not clever and screw up many aspects of their life.  Some people are honest, some people are crooks.  The list of ways in which people are not equal is endless.

Power money and health do not define who you are!  Its what's inside that counts not what you do or don't do with your life!

But you're saying that what people write on here is not all equal, and yet they are only writing how they feel. Therefore their feelings aren't valuable!?. That is an insult! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

I think that's a little beyond the scope and purpose of this forum, but if you want to take things this seriously, you do you. And this isn't even what you suggested, either. I certainly don't want what's in my bank account tied to my forum account, that's just ridiculous...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• Admin locked this topic