Where do I get Lamp Oil? Ep 3

Pencil

I'm on the Coming Storm mission, where I need to rescue every survivor and gather supplies for the Community Hall. All I need now is 1 kL of lamp oil... and I've searched nearly every single location I can think of. The only place I have not checked is the broken houses down the road, north of Thomson's Crossing. I highly doubt I'm going to find a jerry can sitting there for me. Anywhere I can check for oil? Do I need to go all the way back to near the crash site and check prepper's abandoned cache?

In the meantime, I'm going to craft some lines and fish at pensive pond... I'll need 10 bass of a good size to get a kL of lamp oil

Well I guess I did not find any information to bunkers anywhere; there are several undone missions, but I haven't had any show up from walking around and picking up stuff. I ended up finding enough oil at the tiny, burned down building below the plane crash

7 hours ago, Pencil said:

I'm on the Coming Storm mission, where I need to rescue every survivor and gather supplies for the Community Hall. All I need now is 1 kL of lamp oil... and I've searched nearly every single location I can think of. The only place I have not checked is the broken houses down the road, north of Thomson's Crossing. I highly doubt I'm going to find a jerry can sitting there for me. Anywhere I can check for oil? Do I need to go all the way back to near the crash site and check prepper's abandoned cache?

In the meantime, I'm going to craft some lines and fish at pensive pond... I'll need 10 bass of a good size to get a kL of lamp oil

Before you go up there to fish, be sure to find the local legends book about the big fish in Pensive Pond.  It's a great little side quest and will provide you with an abundance of lamp fuel for completing the Coming Storm mission.  

I read in some of the comments about a bunker, but I looked all over and never found one in Episode 3 of story mode.  not even the usually spawning permanent bunker that leads to TimberWolf Mountian.  But you should be able to find more than sufficient lamp supplies if you loot the buildings and cars.

1 hour ago, Stinky socks said:

It actually even has description in the map section when you pull up the map. That's how I knew where to find it! 

Found it, here's a map with description:

you're right, Joplin's Bunker is referred to in one of the notes you find as you explore PV.

I was thinking of the random spawning bunkers that are found in survival mode...  

my bad!

Apparently I did not find that note for the bunkers; I'm pretty sure I even walked by that area by the bridge. I'd assume that they wouldn't appear until you find the note, though. Just finished Episode 3, thanks for the comments everyone! I'm officially anxious for episode 4

• 2 weeks later...

There's a jerry can in the snow in Thomson's Crossing too. Cross the bridge to the eastern half of town, check the snow in front of the house south of the road, with the truck and all the junk in the front yard. Never compared how much lamp oil it holds from one game to another, but my most recent run it had like 3.6L of oil in it.

Or yeah, Joplin's Bunker Raid is a great way to get lamp oil.

On Green and Capable survivor there's a dead Forest Talker in the rural store in Thomson's Crossing, and the letter to start the quest is in his backpack. On Hardened Survivor that same guy spawns outside by the Derelict Cabins instead of in the store.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, acada said:

I found a jerry can in the ruined house. When you go down from the plane crash towards the Molly house, there is small broken house on the river shore. There was a can there with plenty oil.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, Pınar51-06 said:

I found a jerry can in ruined house too like @acadasays and ı found rest of it in joplins third bunker and in blue car’s truck (closer to rural store)

Yup, that's where I found the last bit of lamp oil I needed. I can't believe I found that. It is blended in so well!

On 9/20/2021 at 7:30 PM, ajb1978 said:

There's a jerry can in the snow in Thomson's Crossing too. Cross the bridge to the eastern half of town, check the snow in front of the house south of the road, with the truck and all the junk in the front yard. Never compared how much lamp oil it holds from one game to another, but my most recent run it had like 3.6L of oil in it.

Or yeah, Joplin's Bunker Raid is a great way to get lamp oil.

Reveal hidden contents

On Green and Capable survivor there's a dead Forest Talker in the rural store in Thomson's Crossing, and the letter to start the quest is in his backpack. On Hardened Survivor that same guy spawns outside by the Derelict Cabins instead of in the store.

Ah, I was playing on Hardened Survivor. I was literally going to derelict cabins when I found the rest of the oil I needed. Sigh. I might go back and get that note and look for the bunkers.