Some new Survival Loot Items

Kutch

Hey all!  New to the forums!   Greetings from Newfoundland Canada!  Had the Game for at least 4 years now. LOVE the game so far and the addition of Ketchup Chips, and Maple Syrup is Genius. However, what about some other Canadian favorites?  What do you all think about about left behind packs of  "Cured Maple Bacon", or "Tin of Vienna Sausages"?  The sausage tin could be used like the tin cans to boil water or make Teas, only you get 0.05kg of the product rather than  0.10kg.  And of course the bacon would be a rare spawn.  Also maybe add random cans of beer, which would also help thirst and hunger, but give a slight energyboost that would be 25% of what stims or energy drinks would give, but wear out faster? Also a rare spawn, because lets face it, How many people would pack up and leave behind Beer and Bacon?  Only a small percentage!   Whats your thoughts on it?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would absolutely love to see more food items than just processed goods. I realize that the notion of survivability makes processed goods more beneficial but I find it a little strange that of the hundreds of houses you come across, not one person left behind things like... baking goods (flour, salt, sugar, yeast, etc.) or pasta, or dried/cured meats, or veggies. It seems rather unrealistic and silly that everyone on Great Bear buys exactly the same 10 ingredients LOL. 

You know more food items would make interloper slightly easier in terms of eating, but i don't really care so and it would really like to see some food you have to prepare and/or cook before eating it (e.g rice, dough, hot cocoa, etc..).

• Like 2

Honestly don’t see the point to this at all. It’s not real food it doesn’t matter if there are 2 or 20 food items. It makes no practical difference.  Sausage vs bacon- meh, big deal- it has no practical difference whatsoever  

If there are going to be more food choices it should be to support a mechanic for maintaining the character’s nutritional heath- for example to prevent scurvy, Or to maintain a minimum of necessary fat in the diet. And even then it has to be replenishable either through natural sources or beachcombing. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...