September 2021 Developer Diary

Admin

27 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Oh ooh! Got it, thank you. What game is your avatar? I zoomed in and see Geiger counter and what looks like post apocalyptic radioactive wasteland. Also, why sweater, but no gloves?

Well, Idk, found it on pinterest. It is probably just a normal art. I was trying to get inspired for writing a novel and came across this pic. And i was like " Wow this is great ! " I mean .. look at the detail of it ! and I do LOVE pov post apocalypse game so ... here it is 😂

As for the topic ... i have a feeling that the new region would be like bleak inlet in term of accessibility. So the prison would be on other side of the map with just one Entry route. OR ... ( I kinda like this Theory .. ) that the place is fortress and have only one accessible route. 

I would hope for the so far inaccessible train tunnel in Coastal Highway to lead us to Blackrock. It would make Coastal Highway more interesting as an endgame region for sure. While ML is already the lead hub of Great Bear, neighboring 4 regions (but what about FM? Well, it's a marsh). If they add a 5th port to ML being the only connecting region to Blackrock that should increase the appeal to survival players using ML as their main base region. The classic CH fishing camps would become even more remote than they already are. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, manolitode said:

I would hope for the so far inaccessible train tunnel in Coastal Highway to lead us to Blackrock. It would make Coastal Highway more interesting as an endgame region for sure. While ML is already the lead hub of Great Bear, neighboring 4 regions (but what about FM? Well, it's a marsh). If they add a 5th port to ML being the only connecting region to Blackrock that should increase the appeal to survival players using ML as their main base region. The classic CH fishing camps would become even more remote than they already are. 

That's the first time I've seen anyone referring the CH fishing camps (or anything else in CH for that matter) as remote!

6 hours ago, Mistral said:

That's the first time I've seen anyone referring the CH fishing camps (or anything else in CH for that matter) as remote!

Remote in the sense that if you like to bring your endgame loot stash to CH you either have to drag it across a region with raving blizzards that some choose to avoid altogether. Or through a region where you're forced to trip across a kaput railroad bridge, an obstacle being uncalled-for at best, where you risk everything to reach a perfectly fine but not unusually rewarding region. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, ajb1978 said:

Will our actions from previous episodes carry over, or is Episode 4 starting on a clean slate? More specifically if I leave Episode 2 with a carefully curated selection of gear, is that all gone when Episode 4 starts?

That would be a nice surprise if so. It was questioned before if our interaction with a Hobbs would bear consequences later in the game….

On 9/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, Stinky socks said:

Oh ooh! Got it, thank you. What game is your avatar? I zoomed in and see Geiger counter and what looks like post apocalyptic radioactive wasteland. Also, why sweater, but no gloves?

I don’t think that’s a sweater… I think it’s cloth wraps over radiation burned skin.  

Of COURSE it's coming out around the same time as Horizon Forbidden West... because game devs just want me to completely ruin all my relationships, end all social interactions and have absolutely no life for the next several months. 

New music tho... that's super exciting!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Hinterland Team

so Excited to return

out for a "Labor of Love" steam Award

could you publish a kind of "Beta" version with a second Camera in it?

06-unity-camera-tutorial-xr-rig.png

I would love to Return with VR - this time(Still using a normal Controller of course) - and yes i have vorpx but performance is so much better with a second camera native inside untiy.

Thanks and keep on going

5 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

It seems like black rock would be accessed through the tunnel collapse in mountain town where the bus was found.  

Because of the debris you won't be able to go through that tunnel. Unless of course they introduce the holy handgrenade. Crafted from scrap metal, 2 sticks, gunpowder and a lock of hair beard from father Thomas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, manolitode said:

Because of the debris you won't be able to go through that tunnel. Unless of course they introduce the holy handgrenade. Crafted from scrap metal, 2 sticks, gunpowder and a lock of hair beard from father Thomas. 

One

two

twelve

“3 sire….    Three!!”

i thought the gameplay made it out that Astrid went through the bus though? Into pleasant valley anyway….  Which means black rock would be accessed through pleasant valley? One of the two (currently impassible) road terminations…

FAECFE75-64B5-4BA8-AA82-4E2DF2AC760E.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ElleJoy said:

Of COURSE it's coming out around the same time as Horizon Forbidden West... because game devs just want me to completely ruin all my relationships, end all social interactions and have absolutely no life for the next several months. 

New music tho... that's super exciting!

Not to worry, darling. I will wait for you!