New caches?

Leeanda

Are there new caches in PV? The last time I checked the maps on fandom there were about 7 . After looking for a long time in those spots I couldn't find it! But after looking at the maps again 2 more possible locations were on there! Have they been added recently or was the map on fandom wrong? 

The 7 I knew of were on one of the maps quite a while ago! But after spending a lot of rl time looking and not finding them, I checked again. The maps had definitely changed!  On all my previous saves Ive never not found one until now.  That's why I thought there were only 7! 

I can only think of 8 in mystery! Actually found that one this morning, first weapon one since my very first save years ago! Had more food in than weapons!☺️

Edited by Leeanda

If you are looking at older maps, then yes, locations have changed fairly dramatically due to the addition of rocky terrain which would have otherwise buried those prepper caches.   those caches that were affected were subsequently moved to nearby locations, although nearby isn't necessarily close by!

• Upvote 1

The older maps were from about 3 years ago!  Then there were only 7 caches on the PV map! Now there are nine!? So none of the ones on the old map have moved cos Ive had them all over several save at one time or another.  I can only presume that the other two caches were there but not on the old map! Probably why I thought there was only 7 in the first place!😃.

My whiteberry map of about 2016 shows 9 caches in Pleasant Valley.

Three in between The Long Curve and Three Strikes Farmstead.

Three in between Three Strikes Farmstead and Skeeters Ridge (two on the lower level and one on the upper level)

Three in between Signal Hill and  Thomson's Crossing (formerly Crossroads). 

Good luck on finding the Pleasant Valley prepper cache. 

3 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

My whiteberry map of about 2016 shows 9 caches in Pleasant Valley.

Three in between The Long Curve and Three Strikes Farmstead.

Three in between Three Strikes Farmstead and Skeeters Ridge (two on the lower level and one on the upper level)

Three in between Signal Hill and  Thomson's Crossing (formerly Crossroads). 

Good luck on finding the Pleasant Valley prepper cache. 

Thanks! Found it last night. Near pensive! Not sure it was worth 6rl hours of looking  though😀

I've spent many an hour sleeping in the fishing hut on my last save! I was lucky to have the moose there then.  Can't say I needed any of the clothes cos I got lucky in CH and in the radio tower. I'm having more trouble finding bear & moose than clothes! Still I'll be nice and warm while I starve to death😀

3 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I find the prepper cashes a bit confusing, I know the locations are constant but pop up randomly.  Is it the case that there is always one in ML and one in PV (not including the  one near the TWM rope climb transition)? 

Yes one will always spawn!

19 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No problem!I always find them as quick as possible, takes a bit of pressure off at the beginning of a run! 

I've got to admit it's a lot easier when you look at the maps,which is what I did.

Sorry that last bit sounded stupid! What I meant by that is the maps aren't exactly accurate so they still take some actual searching!🙂 especially the one near three strikes on the top of the hill, I always have trouble with that one!😀

Edited by Leeanda