How do I know what spawn forge and hammer is on Interloper?

FeralPounce

I found a forge hammer in the gold mine in Ash Canyon.  didn't expect to find that there, but it kinda makes sense that if they  were mining gold, they might be using a heavy hammer!

Some particular observed locations in which a heavy hammer may be found include:

Bleak Inlet
Near The Harbinger at Last Resort Cannery.
Mystery Lake
At Carter Hydro Dam inside the dam complex, at the workbench.
In the Forestry Lookout.
At a fishing hut under the fireplace.
At Trapper's Homestead on the workbench.
Coastal Highway
In one of the cars at Coastal Highway near Log Sort or at Coastal Townsite.
On a metal shelf, and in the large toolbox in the garage work area, Quonset Garage.
In one of the ice fishing huts under the fireplace.
At the Abandoned Lookout, under the chair.
Under the workbench in Fishing Camp
In the Cinder Hills Coal Mine
Pleasant Valley
On the upper level of the Barn in Pleasant Valley.
In the basement at Pleasant Valley Farmstead.
Under a shelf at Signal Hill.
Desolation Point
On the shelf in the engine room of The Riken.
At Hibernia Processing on the workbench or the tool rack shelves.
Forlorn Muskeg
In a red box in the Old Spence Family Homestead. (or under the workbench, or outside the wall)
Near one of the pallets at the Bunk Houses.
Hushed River Valley
Near the Mysterious Signal Fire.
Near a corpse in the southern Ice Cave.
Timberwolf Mountain
In one of the containers in the Tail Section of Timberwolf Mountain.
Under the workbench at the Mountaineer's Hut.
Under the stove in the fishing hut on Crystal Lake.
Broken Railroad
At a shelf in the Maintenance Yard, or in one of the toolboxes.
Ravine
In a train carriage.
In the fallen gondola.
Mountain Town (Milton)
In the back of the truck in front of Bank Manager's house.
In one of the low tier houses on a crate.
In one of the low tier houses on a metal shelf.
In the closet at Paradise Meadows Farmstead.

good luck!

12 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

A heavy hammer can often be found at the forge in Forlorn Muskeg, the maintenance building in broken railroad, and the Riken at Desolation Point.

Hammers do not spawn in Desolation Point or Forlorn Muskeg in Interloper, but the hammer has been found in Broken Railroad.

14 hours ago, FeralPounce said:

I was looking for a forge hammer for 3 irl days 12+ hrs each day

How do I know where to look?

I usually find a hammer in Mystery Lake, sometimes at Trapper's Cabin and sometimes the watch tower.  Or as @Leeandasaid, in the barn in Pleasant Valley, or in a fishing hut or car or workbench in Coastal Highway.

The best thing to do is don't look for a hammer, then you'll probably find one right way.  ;)

Edited by MrWolf
  • Upvote 1

This answer doesn't so much include spoilers, but does talk about the logistics of high level loot spawning in Interloper, so if you want to stay in the dark and play your own way, then I would suggest you don't keep reading haha. 

There are only four set of spawns in interloper for the high level gear, namely - hacksaw, hammer, mag lens, firestriker, bedroll, and storm lantern. If you play interloper enough, then you begin to learn the patterns. For example, if you find a hacksaw in one place, then you know there will be a hammer in this certain place. It takes a decent amount of repetition to learn how the loot spawns, however as mentioned there are only 4 combinations so you figure it out fairly quickly. So unlike the lower levels, there are only a select few set places where the hammer can spawn in interloper. 

As already mentioned, forestry lookout in Mystery Lake is a fantastic place to look, otherwise try the dam or trappers in ML. In PV, try the barn or signal hill. In Minton, Paradise farm is a great place to look. Otherwise, TWM the mountaineers hut or fishing hut are also good places. 

All the best. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 2:53 AM, Comet777 said:

There are only four set of spawns in interloper for the high level gear, namely - hacksaw, hammer, mag lens, firestriker, bedroll, and storm lantern. If you play interloper enough, then you begin to learn the patterns.

I know what you mean. It would be nice if Hinterland introduced some changes in this regard. Because if you already know these set of spawns, the start of the game on Interloper becomes much easier. I envy those who do not know it yet 😊

I greet you, Survivor  

She’s not wrong. I’ve seen one there too on a play through. He just likes to comment on lots of her responses to try to annoy her maybe… I dunno. But I like her comments, she always tries to help. Like, why drag a 3 month old comment up to just be rude?! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jynxer said:

She’s not wrong. I’ve seen one there too on a play through. He just likes to comment on lots of her responses to try to annoy her maybe… I dunno. But I like her comments, she always tries to help. Like, why drag a 3 month old comment up to just be rude?! 

Thought I'd seen it on ytube but they were custom interloper so wasn't 100% sure. So thanks for confirming and the support. Much appreciated. 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

No prob Bob 😉 I’m just sick of seeing this particular person dissing all your posts or responses. I know he’s a child, but still he should maybe just stop. But, I do forget that there are children responding to these posts, and he’s one lol. Don’t stop giving ur 2 cents Leeanda  😀😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jynxer said:

No prob Bob 😉 I’m just sick of seeing this particular person dissing all your posts or responses. I know he’s a child, but still he should maybe just stop. But, I do forget that there are children responding to these posts, and he’s one lol. Don’t stop giving ur 2 cents Leeanda  😀😀

Thanks.  If I can help then I will. Im certainly not going to stop for that!  Shame that trolling isn't taken quite as seriously as it should be though. Not  where I'm concerned but for anyone else who is affected by it.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks.  If I can help then I will. Im certainly not going to stop for that!  Shame that trolling isn't taken quite as seriously as it should be though. Not  where I'm concerned but for anyone else who is affected by it.

10 hours ago, Jynxer said:

child or not, still no excuse for constant harrasment.  maybe a complaint or two and the admin team will take notice.  in the mean time, use the handy "ignore user" feature by clicking on their icon and you can at least block seeing their irrelevant commentary.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

child or not, still no excuse for constant harrasment.  maybe a complaint or two and the admin team will take notice.  in the mean time, use the handy "ignore user" feature by clicking on their icon and you can at least block seeing their irrelevant commentary.

He's been on ignore for a while but if someone else quotes him I can still see it! There's obviously no foolproof method.  And yes there is no excuse, whatever the age. If you're old enough to distinguish between right and wrong  then there's no defence. 

Might have a word with admin anyway cos I'm sure there's a list of  can and can't do's somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks for the info and support.  Its good to know that there are so  many good people  on the forum. 

Stay safe.🙂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Btw  I'm Milton I found 3 stims in just normal houses then I went to hushed river valley fell into a inescapable part of the river  and there was a hatchet cat tails but I tried to get down by falling down a waterfall and had to use a stim  but still died it was so annoying I'm annoyed with hinterland for taunting me with good loot before myndeath

Also, there appears to be an almost guaranteed spawn of a heavy hammer in one of 3 or 4 locations in Blackrock.  Not sure if the actual location in Blackrock is tied to the old loot tables or whether it will move randomly among those locations regardless of the loot table the player is on.

• 3 weeks later...