Darkwalker World Record (1 Hour 48 min)

Zaknafein

So, I believe this is the world's fastest Darkwalker run as of today. I could be wrong, but have not found any faster times than this (except some using cheats).

If you want to see the VOD of how this was done, I have not officially released it yet, but it is viewable through this link:

Zaknafein world record Darkwalker.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Well done Zak! I have to say it, because it's true: I fired up DarkWalker the other week and tested some things, and it's easier now than on release. I know you, so you will specify version. Among the things that are nerfed are sprinting while Anxious, some weird "spawns-in-front-of-you" things are fixed, and animals stopping stalking you. The green ward fires are changed to be shorter. Speedrunning also makes it less of challenge - you'll be far away from DW in most regions, and maybe not even near in the end regions. Obviously a speedrun is a speedrun and AFAIK this is still the fastest time, but it's more challenging to "survive" longer, and I'd like to shout out @Even Dark as I believe he's lived the longest. (When introduced, the challenge was about kiting DW as long as you could, the "survival record" text is new to me for example. I practiced for this challenge before it was released, and then played it a few times from day 1.)

Edited by Gun Tech.
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, Gun Tech. said:

Well done Zak! I have to say it, because it's true: I fired up DarkWalker the other week and tested some things, and it's easier now than on release. I know you, so you will specify version. Among the things that are nerfed are sprinting while Anxious, some weird "spawns-in-front-of-you" things are fixed, and animals stopping stalking you. The green ward fires are changed to be shorter. Speedrunning also makes it less of challenge - you'll be far away from DW in most regions, and maybe not even near in the end regions. Obviously a speedrun is a speedrun and AFAIK this is still the fastest time, but it's more challenging to "survive" longer, and I'd like to shout out @Even Dark as I believe he's lived the longest. (When introduced, the challenge was about kiting DW as long as you could, the "survival record" text is new to me for example. I practiced for this challenge before it was released, and then played it a few times from day 1.)

Thank you for the update, GunTech. And as mentioned in the video, this record was only possible due to the "Guntech shortcut" discovered by you. My record has since been beaten, though. I think it's 1H 28m now, by a Turkish player if I remember correctly.

Surviving longest is definitely harder, but quite the grind.

• 1 year later...

@Zaknafein

Perhaps you should submit your run to Speedrun.com
Sure, it's been nearly two years since you posted this... 
However, "Escape the Darkwalker" doesn't appear to have any submissions yet.

image.thumb.png.ad550086b0ba7b9b2ed3b8c9bbfcf595.png

Correction... I was looking in the wrong category.
image.thumb.png.451546b7e3f17fdbfadcb6064185614b.png
Current World Record for Escape the Darkwalker [100% & In-Game Time]: 1h 27m 00s

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2