Crafting fishing tackles

manolitode

I suggest we get the option to craft as many fishing tackles as we like in one go. Instead of the current method where we craft 1, return to the menu, craft 1, return to the menu etc. Should be relatively easy programming-wise and would make for more comfortable gameplay. 

I would not mind being able to do multiples of crafting fishing tackles.   I suppose the fact that I do not craft bunches of fishing tackles "all the time", like I might do relatively with tinder plugs or reishi, rose hip, and birch bark tea preparations, accounts, in part, for that crafting activity not being reworked by the devs.  

I still feel this game could significantly benefit from someone going through everything and tidying things up. They could sit down and wonder what benefit there is to clicking on something 56 times as apposed to just once or a few times. If there isn't any then they could look at how to make it more efficient.

• Like 2

I'll back this if it's easy to implement. But if it's a tremendous pain in the ass, I'm fine crafting one fishing tackle at a time.

Fishing Tackle is awesome, to those who aren't in the loop. You can use it for repairs, then relegate it to fishing when it hits ~20% condition. You basically get a bunch of free repairs. And when fishing, it's kind of a pass/fail deal. Either it works and you catch a fish, or it doesn't and the tackle is ruined. May as well get some repairs out of it before using it for fishing, since 100% tackle is equally effective at fishing as 20% tackle.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Fishing tackle breakage while fishing is separate from the condition of the fishing tackle.  At level 1 ice fishing, the breakage chance is 8% and goes down with each level gained.  When low level have a bunch of fishing tackle because you will tend to lose them somewhat regularly as you gain levels in ice fishing. 

Although it is possible to fish with fishing tackle condition as low as 1%, it would be better to not get it that low.  I have found some ice fishing holes that do not recognize having one fishing tackle at 1%, in inventory, as having fishing tackle (pick up a couple more 1% tackle and magically you now have fishing tackle) so stopping at 3+% and higher would be a bit less frustrating (I try to go no lower than 10%). 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, Leeanda said:

Considering most things are craftable in multiples I don't know why fishing tackle isn't already possible! 

That's exactly my point, it makes total sense to get to craft as many fishing tackles as you like, I'm starting to wonder if there's something we've overlooked...

23 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I suppose the fact that I do not craft bunches of fishing tackles "all the time", like I might do relatively with tinder plugs or reishi, rose hip, and birch bark tea preparations, accounts, in part, for that crafting activity not being reworked by the devs.  

So it seems to be less of an issue to you as you don't craft that many fishing tackles at once. I prefer to craft 6 at a time, using 2 scrap metals and 3 guts. It's a clickfeast :) as @odizzido suggests above.

13 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Fishing Tackle is awesome, to those who aren't in the loop. You can use it for repairs, then relegate it to fishing

Indeed, and a great reason to start bunkering guts early on in your playthrough. 

That can be quite infuriating especially since to advance the skill one has to do a lot of fishing (or find a ton of Frozen Angler books).  (Level 1) 8% means a probability of one line lost every 12-13 uses.  I am closing in on Level 5, so I can breath easier and can look at the carpet of cooked fish (can't forget the lamp oil) in front of the Camp Office. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of fishing, I think there should rather be a more complicated fishing procedure instead of just loading circle and your cart gets filled up with fish. Perhaps some sort of screen with animated fishies and you have to yank a mouse when the fish bites?🐟

I remember crafting a lot of tackles, but as you level up in fishing, multiple fishing tackles are futile. I've been able to fish like 12 hours with single tackle upon achieving mastery. There are still like a dozen unused tackles sitting on my coastal highway drawer somewhere..

3 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Speaking of fishing, I think there should rather be a more complicated fishing procedure instead of just loading circle and your cart gets filled up with fish. Perhaps some sort of screen with animated fishies and you have to yank a mouse when the fish bites?🐟

I remember crafting a lot of tackles, but as you level up in fishing, multiple fishing tackles are futile. I've been able to fish like 12 hours with single tackle upon achieving mastery. There are still like a dozen unused tackles sitting on my coastal highway drawer somewhere..

Well they might come in handy after a good mauling and your wandering naked in the woods! Good point  on the rest!

Edited by Leeanda