The coronavirus (COVID‐19) pandemic's impact on mental health


Recommended Posts

A pandemic is not just a medical phenomenon; it affects individuals and society and causes disruption, anxiety, stress, stigma, and xenophobia. The behavior of an individual as a unit of society or a community has marked effects on the dynamics of a pandemic that involves the level of severity, degree of flow, and aftereffects.

Rapid human‐to‐human transmission of the SARS‐CoV‐2 resulted in the enforcement of regional lockdowns to stem the further spread of the disease. Isolation, social distancing, and closure of educational institutes, workplaces, and entertainment venues consigned people to stay in their homes to help break the chain of transmission. However, the restrictive measures undoubtedly have affected the social and mental health of individuals from across the board.

How can we help people of different age group prevent this alarming impact of Covid-19 in our mental health?

Link to post
Share on other sites

After being housebound for nearly twenty years the best advice I can give is, never lose sight of whats important. Whether it be family.friends or something else. Learn to appreciate the smaller things. Pleasure comes in many things whether it be just talking to other people or watching nature. Whatever appeals to you. But I've found the best thing to actually boost your mood is exercise. However you do it, anything from dancing to tai chi really makes a difference to how you feel. And it works no matter your age or abilities..

There are of course two other things  to remember. It won't last forever. You are not alone so don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Edited by Leeanda
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, Leeanda said:

After being housebound for nearly twenty years the best advice I can give is, never lose sight of whats important. Whether it be family.friends or something else. Learn to appreciate the smaller things. Pleasure comes in many things whether it be just talking to other people or watching nature. Whatever appeals to you. But I've found the best thing to actually boost your mood is exercise. However you do it, anything from dancing to tai chi really makes a difference to how you feel. And it works no matter your age or abilities..

There are of course two other things  to remember. It won't last forever. You are not alone so don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks, Leanda!

Your words are so wonderful & powerful. I wish you safe journey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlinkMoFried said:

Thanks, Leanda!

Your words are so wonderful & powerful. I wish you safe journey.

Thank you! I didn't expect any reactions to be honest but I'm glad it had an impact of some sort! I'm not much good at putting thought into print so I  just hope that it helps someone!

And a safe journey to you!

Edited by Leeanda
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2021 at 5:24 PM, singapore said:

I'll advise them to stay home or find an opportunity to get themselves a work that can be done without going office (work from home)

Yeah, stay at home, be occupied, and connect to nature would be a great move to keep us healthy all the way!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2021 at 6:30 PM, Leeanda said:

Thank you! I didn't expect any reactions to be honest but I'm glad it had an impact of some sort! I'm not much good at putting thought into print so I  just hope that it helps someone!

The pleasure was all mine. Absolutely, your words are spirit and life!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now